Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inkscape 1.0 Release Candidate Emerges For This Excellent Vector Graphics Editor

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    I've been running InkScape master on FreeBSD, it's pretty good. They didn't update to ImageMagick7 but the good news you can now optionally build against GraphicsMagick instead. InkScape was like the last program hung up on ImageMagick6.

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
      I find inkscape as a powerful tool hidden behind an unintuitive interface. I hope to unlock more of it's potential as I use it more but sometimes I just export as png and finish up in gimp
      After a day of binge-watching Inkscape tutorials and fiddling around myself I've been quite confident to have mastered its basics. I think it's way more intuitive and logical than GIMP (given their different paradigms). Sadly Bézier curves make it crash way too often. Hope that improves in the future.

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by oleid View Post
        But I completely forgot about Java, that still depends on gtk2 -.-
        It shouldn't anymore, theyve supported Gtk3 since Java9. if your distro is no opt depending on gtk2 then probably badger them about that

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by Girolamo_Cavazzoni View Post

          After a day of binge-watching Inkscape tutorials and fiddling around myself I've been quite confident to have mastered its basics. I think it's way more intuitive and logical than GIMP (given their different paradigms). Sadly Bézier curves make it crash way too often. Hope that improves in the future.
          I second that. For graphics, I choose Inkscape (and also Krita) anytime over Gimp.

          Comment


          • #15
            I think they should have targeted GTK4.
            GTK3 is at its end of life.

            Comment


            • #16
              Happy to see this. I use Inkscape all the time because I refuse to pay a fortune for Adobe and their "Creative Cloud" nonsense; or rather, my at-the-time boss told me to use it, but then expected me to buy it myself. The only thing I wish it could do (and this is a very minor thing) is export as TIFF as well as PNG. As it is, I have to export as PNG, then TIFF it via Irfanview or similar Linux equivalent.

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by Brane215 View Post
                I think they should have targeted GTK4.
                GTK3 is at its end of life.
                As long Inkscape development team follows that guideline to avoid depreciated codes, they will be fine using GTK3 until the time of migration to GTK4.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by q2dg View Post
                  Animated SVG are still waiting. Why is so hard if Synfig can do it?
                  1. You get what you pay for
                  2. It's free

                  How about getting out your wallet or rolling up your sleeves?
                  Last edited by AH88; 04-13-2020, 11:28 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by ix900 View Post

                    Then there will be gtk4 lol You really can' win on that one (maybe for a short time).
                    There will always be more than one version in active use at any given time. Why is that a problem?

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by finalzone View Post

                      As long Inkscape development team follows that guideline to avoid depreciated codes, they will be fine using GTK3 until the time of migration to GTK4.
                      Still, that would make sense had they chose to go gtk3 years ago.
                      Doing it now makes little sense.
                      Better just skip v3 alltogether.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X