KDE Finally Has Support For Configuring The Scroll Speed On Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Finally Has Support For Configuring The Scroll Speed On Wayland

Phoronix: KDE Finally Has Support For Configuring The Scroll Speed On Wayland

Some longstanding issues were resolved this week in KDE land that will be to the benefit of many users...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is they going to implement keyboard layout indicator in Wayland session? What exactly so hard about it, that it's not implemented for years?

Comment

"finally" is an appropriate word. The lack of input configuration was one of the few things that soured my experience with KDE+Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
        Is they going to implement keyboard layout indicator in Wayland session? What exactly so hard about it, that it's not implemented for years?
        Been waiting for that one myself. Not sure why it's not implemented/fixed yet, as it's so damn annoying to get a big overlay in the middle of the screen.

Comment

Being able to adjust the scroll speed on Plasma Wayland is a nice feature :-) Plasma 5.19 looks like an important step forward for Wayland support, but I do still hope that some of the important bugs might be addressed before the final release.

Comment

Hahahahahahaha.

No. Sorry. That was unkind of me.

It's just ...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by smirky View Post

Been waiting for that one myself. Not sure why it's not implemented/fixed yet, as it's so damn annoying to get a big overlay in the middle of the screen.
              Most people are focusing on either the UI in plasma or bug fixes in the apps and frameworks. There's not really that many people contributing to the Wayland effort, and the ones that are have a ton of important Wayland issues to iron out in Kwin first.

Comment

How is Plasma on Wayland these days? Last time I tried it was pretty awful, e.g. logging out would freeze the entire computer.

Comment

Originally posted by angrypie View Post
                  How is Plasma on Wayland these days? Last time I tried it was pretty awful, e.g. logging out would freeze the entire computer.
                  That's since been fixed, thank goodness.

Comment

This press announcement was just about KDE & Wayland. But it is relevant to those of us who usually do not yet trust KDE & Wayland together. Most of us are using the older, traditional X display system. KDE is facing the enormous battle of proving that it is better than all the other Desktop Environments: light, moddle & heavy weights.
                    GNOME seems to be attract so much serious corporate support but not KDE. Non-experts like myself are wondering, when will both KDE & Wayland be ready for the non-expert markets?
                    The associated question, which Desktop Environments are best with Wayland? Are any of them better?

Comment

Working...
                    X