Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kdenlive 20.04 Beta Released With Continuing To Improve The Open-Source Video Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kdenlive 20.04 Beta Released With Continuing To Improve The Open-Source Video Editor

Phoronix: Kdenlive 20.04 Beta Released With Continuing To Improve The Open-Source Video Editor

Open-source video editors over the years have generally fallen well short of the stability and feature set offered by proprietary video editing solutions but in recent years at least there has been some measurable progress to the likes of Kdenlive and OpenShot. Out this weekend for testing is the Kdenlive 20.04 beta...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

On Kdenlive 19.12 right now, should be coming to my distribution soon. Recently made a multiboot pen drive, checked out Manjaros latest KDE release, was really really impressed it's a great desktop. Not checked out KDE for years. The new KDE absolutely destroys Windows 10 in many ways.

Comment

Why aren't there any links to an original article, or something?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Why aren't there any links to an original article, or something?
        Not aware of any Kdenlive announcement yet, got my info from reddit and digging through Git commits.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

This is me watching a Kdenlive render on a R5 3600 seeing how fast it finishes while having enough operating headroom using all 12 threads.

Puts my i7 7700 to shame, still a great chip though and want to make use of it somehow.

I don't understand why I still had 10 percent left of the processor left to use, but htop shows all threads being used nicely. May have to do with the scheduler or how MLT has been implemented.
          Last edited by creative; 28 March 2020, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by creative View Post
            On Kdenlive 19.12 right now, should be coming to my distribution soon. Recently made a multiboot pen drive, checked out Manjaros latest KDE release, was really really impressed it's a great desktop. Not checked out KDE for years. The new KDE absolutely destroys Windows 10 in many ways.
            It destroys it with easy. Windows 10 is total usability, performance, privacy disaster. How can one be so brainless to provide options via buttons, switches and hyper links? All of this mixed with new and old look. It's usability nightmare.

When comes to kdenlive it's good to see it actively developed. I also like Openshot.

Comment

it's nice and all... but this app is a crashing king... it keeps crashing constantly...

Comment

Originally posted by smartalgorithm View Post
                it's nice and all... but this app is a crashing king... it keeps crashing constantly...
                It's difficult to build a C++ app that doesn't crash

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post

It's difficult to build a C++ app that doesn't crash
                  Not only that, but a C++ app using Qt and KDE frameworks....

Comment

Originally posted by smartalgorithm View Post
                    I have to agree. Kdenlive is riddled with crashes and serious flaws, to the point I decided to do a speedrun and crashed it in 4 seconds.

Last edited by tildearrow; 28 March 2020, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X