Firefox 76 Enabling VA-API Wayland Acceleration For All Video Codecs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mthw View Post
    Has anyone seen this too? Should report to bugzilla or am I doing sonething wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
      Thanks, I have already found that and the workaround seems to be working. Now only if Gnome and/or Plasma wayland sessions worked propertly. FF freezing every time the window is resized on Plasma and GNOME taking about a minute to start (if it even starts).

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post
        The idea to not enable VA-API on X11 is simply moronic. Considering they don't implement it themselves, but rely on ffmpeg, which I don't recall needing either Wayland or X11, I can't see a reason for them to discriminate against it.
        Are you going to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
          Red Hat's Martin Stránský. As always.
          144Hz. As always.

Comment

Originally posted by mos87 View Post
            what on Earth is ?
            What on earth is fake leather, fake meat, a fake hip, fake taxi's, etc.? Come on, don't ask questions you already know the answer to.
            Last edited by Vistaus; 19 March 2020, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
              Red Hat's Martin Stránský. As always.
              19 people support trolling and GNOME and KDE's death.

When you like 144Hz, you like trolling.
              When you like 144Hz, you like killing the other desktops and achieving the evil monopoly GNOME is!
              A freaking man-made disaster with no freedom!

Ugh, or did you create 19 accounts to like yourself...?
              Last edited by tildearrow; 19 March 2020, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post

I don't want to take away from the work Martin has done here, but i have to ask. Are you a paid shill ? You seem to prop up redhat, and gnome in particular, into uber fanboy heights. So, do you get money from redhat ?
                Most likely, and I feel like their employees like him and pay him for every like.

Or maybe he somehow does social engineering to get everyone to like him and keep the trolling alive. And he has succeeded manipulating our brains into believing him, without being aware his soul is dark and just wants everything else to die but his GNOME.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Most likely, and I feel like their employees like him and pay him for every like.

Or maybe he somehow does social engineering to get everyone to like him and keep the trolling alive. And he has succeeded manipulating our brains into believing him, without being aware his soul is dark and just wants everything else to die but his GNOME.
                  They probably don't.

I would imagine most GNOME developers find him equally annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

What on earth is fake leather, fake meat, a fake hip, fake taxi's, etc.? Come on, don't ask questions you already know the answer to.
                    can tell straight away you're a fan of a) fake meat and b) fake taxi
                    no q asked there bud

Comment

Without Ubuntu wayland is a dead end. NVIDIA Will not support few desktop users with fedora or debian. About vaapi on Firefox is a red hat choice. Not against NVIDIA since they are the primary partners in Linux world and ONLY a sub from IBM who gives up from Linux desktop years ago

Comment

Working...
                      X