Firefox 76 Enabling VA-API Wayland Acceleration For All Video Codecs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frank007 View Post
    I don't think so. I don't think this solution will be as good as real hardware gpu decoding. Some comparisons are needed (wayland/x11, real hw decoding/fake hw decoding).
    Just log off the internet you moron. There's no real/fake hw decoding, there's only you pretending to know anything at all.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

Ouch, you've been roasted for asking a question, now you know what Linux fanboyism is like and why it's steady at 1%.
      No, nvidia fanboism have no place in Open Source. Go complain to nvidia, because nobody will work for this crap company for free.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
        mos87 Just because you feel offended doesn’t mean anyone is trolling you.
        LMAO. You're the one that gets offended when people call you out on your trolling. As usual, you've turned this thread into a GNOME vs. everything else flamewar when there is nothing specific to GNOME here. GNOME is not the only desktop in the world, and it's not even the only one using Wayland. Your false assertion that anyone who doesn't want to use GNOME is "incompatible" and doesn't deserve a first class Linux experience is BS. How about you respond to that instead of crying about how people are "offended" when they don't agree with your BS?

Comment

Amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

Ouch, you've been roasted for asking a question, now you know what Linux fanboyism is like and why it's steady at 1%.
            It's just a question idiot! the only problem is that the question is wrong. the right question is if nvidia users can take banefit from this improvement on firefox!

Comment

They need to make this to work on X server too.
              If ffmpeg, which works everywhere, even on Windows, does all the hard work or decoding, I don't understand what's the problem to make it work on X too.
              I like Wayland, but it's slow adoption could take even more years and not distribution, as far as I know, comes with it by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                ...I don't understand...
                Bingo ! You need to understand that bit before you understand why it isn't there. Every project has it's own policies on how to implement into mainstream (is it the right/wrong way, dirty/clean, etc). Because someone else has done it does not mean it's up for mainstream, DXVK for wine is a prime/recent example of this.

Comment

Red Hat's Martin Stránský. As always.
                  I don't want to take away from the work Martin has done here, but i have to ask. Are you a paid shill ? You seem to prop up redhat, and gnome in particular, into uber fanboy heights. So, do you get money from redhat ?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                    We need VAAPI for WebRTC now.
                    That would be really helpful. My notebook hates me doing video calls.

Comment

Really happy to hear about this long waited feature. This will make my battery last much longer when using Firefox with meetings!

mos87 Just because you feel offended doesn’t mean anyone is trolling you.
                      Giving you the benefit of the doubt since you are technically correct, but damn that line is golden for someone who's trolling! xD

Comment

Working...
                      X