Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine 5.4 Released With Unicode 13 Support, Text Drawing For D3DX9 To Fix 10 Year Old Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 5.4 Released With Unicode 13 Support, Text Drawing For D3DX9 To Fix 10 Year Old Bug

Phoronix: Wine 5.4 Released With Unicode 13 Support, Text Drawing For D3DX9 To Fix 10 Year Old Bug

Wine 5.4 is out as the newest bi-weekly development release and it comes with a number of improvements...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...e-5.4-Released

Could this mean I could finally play Final Fantasy V Steam version? And yes, I know there is fixes I could do to make it work with Proton, but I don't want to do them. I want to click & play.

Comment

"Multiple games (Fable: The Lost Chapters, Oddworld - Munch odissey) does not play WMV cutscenes"

If that actually plays Windows media files inside games, it should fix a ton of different things in many many games. Opening logos, level loading videos, in-game videos, and cutscenes that use media.

Difficult to say what it does exactly or if it fixes all media problems. If it does fix even 25%, that is a great release.

Comment

Working...
      X