No announcement yet.

Benchmarks Of Firefox 74 + Firefox 75 Beta On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't you compare firefox 75 x11 to Firefox 75 based on wayalnd in Fedora?

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
      Anyone tested the VAAPI video acceleration on the B75 on Wayland?
      I did. It helps with CPU usage, but it's still a little buggy. If you want to test it, note that it's only enabled for H.264. Watch this issue for the more common (on YouTube) VP9.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
        Off topic, but possibly of interest - there's a new project called Librewolf, which is putting out releases now in a manner for Firefox similar to what ungoogled-chromium is doing for Chromium. https://gitlab.com/librewolf-communi...nux/-/releases
        And it has a Flat, nice. As someone tired of playing Pocket Pull every time I update Firefox or install an OS, that'll be a welcomed addition to my system if it works with DRM content.

Comment

Originally posted by enigmaxg2 View Post
          For now, looks like the same cr*p, again... hoping for MS Edge to come to Linux to replace the LazyFox... privacy is nice, but performance is crucial.

Wonder how long they will be playing the privacy card while not improving anything else... hint: is hurting them...

those who would give up essential privacy to purchase a little temporary performance
          deserve neither privacy not performance

Comment

For now, looks like the same cr*p, again... hoping for MS Edge to come to Linux to replace the LazyFox... privacy is nice, but performance is crucial.

Wonder how long they will be playing the privacy card while not improving anything else... hint: is hurting them...

I would submit that this is likely very skewed in Chrome's favor due it being the defacto browser on Android. Same thing that racked up market share for IE. It was part of the OS so it typically handled web traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by kozman View Post

I would submit that this is likely very skewed in Chrome's favor due it being the defacto browser on Android. Same thing that racked up market share for IE. It was part of the OS so it typically handled web traffic.
              That is only partially true IMHO. At work (university) it is a real rarity to see someone using Firefox. It would give the impression that Chrome have even more market share than that graphic shows.

Comment

That is only partially true IMHO. At work (university) it is a real rarity to see someone using Firefox. It would give the impression that Chrome have even more market share than that graphic shows.
                I work for a university as well and all machines under my control run Firefox. Some faculty request Chrome but machines not under my control have both FF and Chrome for faculty. I have extremely granular control over FF (group policies and lockdown config file) which I cannot do with Chrome. Of course, I always tell people who want Chrome to just use Portable Chrome from their USB drives and they're fine with it. It's a matter of personal preference. I don't take the benchmarks too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by kozman View Post

I work for a university as well and all machines under my control run Firefox. Some faculty request Chrome but machines not under my control have both FF and Chrome for faculty. I have extremely granular control over FF (group policies and lockdown config file) which I cannot do with Chrome. Of course, I always tell people who want Chrome to just use Portable Chrome from their USB drives and they're fine with it. It's a matter of personal preference. I don't take the benchmarks too seriously.
                  I also install Firefox in all machines that pass my table, but some people simply are addicted to Chrome like in the days of IE6... so whatever. The alternative is there if they feel the necessity to use it.

A couple months ago I even saw a student to actually search the start menu for IE11 (I always remove it from task bar... don't ask). Sometimes you just have to let it go.

Comment

I also install Firefox in all machines that pass my table, but some people simply are addicted to Chrome like in the days of IE6... so whatever. The alternative is there if they feel the necessity to use it.

A couple months ago I even saw a student to actually search the start menu for IE11 (I always remove it from task bar... don't ask). Sometimes you just have to let it go.
                    Ditto.

Comment

For me, Firefox is quite fast enough. I run it with NoScript and keep most of the advertising from running. Most things, even heavy Javascript apps, respond instantly. Or fast enough that I don't notice the delay.

What do I care if Chrome can finish a benchmark slightly faster? I can't tell the difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X