Firefox 74 Begins Rolling Out With DNS-Over-HTTPS, Disabling TLS 1.0/1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Don't have a camera...but audio from Hulu over HDMI and line out both work. Haven't done much more than that and Phoronix from it.
    I see, for example Gimp from Flatpak can't connect to the scanner... 🤷‍♂️

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

Nah. I have two F32 installs, one is AMD and one is Nvidia. One is affected by a hardware cursor bug fixed in the final 3.36 release, and the NVIDIA driver doesn't build on F32s rc kernel.
      Talking about the one that leaves a cursor on the screen until a reboot? That gets annoying.

Comment

You're literally doing the thing you're accusing another user of doing.
        Actually,.. He's not, as he's just standing against insult (of product / community). This forum should ban such insulting users, in order to keep conversations constructive based on real arguments, and opinions, instead of such trash talks...

Comment

You're literally doing the thing you're accusing another user of doing.
          I am not.
          Please express these as an opinion, not as an assertion you won't ever be able to prove.
          Have some respect for people that disagree with that opinion and ultimately by that simple disagreement show that your assertion is wrong (can't generalize if not everyone agrees)

What does that kind of comment bring to the table? Is this constructive in any way? I'm growing tired of those extrapolators. Why can't some just focus on their own way without babbling on about what they don't like?
          ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
            I am not.
            Please express these as an opinion, not as an assertion you won't ever be able to prove.
            Have some respect for people that disagree with that opinion and ultimately by that simple disagreement show that your assertion is wrong (can't generalize if not everyone agrees)

What does that kind of comment bring to the table? Is this constructive in any way? I'm growing tired of those extrapolators. Why can't some just focus on their own way without babbling on about what they don't like?
            ​​​​​
            I don't see any disrespect?

Criticizing a product is different from criticizing a person. I'm sorry someone criticizing Ubuntu offended you, do you want some tissues?

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

That has always been the main reason why Ubuntu is garbage....
              We can solve this. They both suck. Solved lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielsan View Post

I see, for example Gimp from Flatpak can't connect to the scanner... 🤷‍♂️
                I need to double check my printer setup. Neither the Flat nor rpm-ostree version of GIMP connected to my printer. I don't think the autoconfig stuff is working.

Granted, I've never printed anything from Fedora/SB nor have I done anything more than looking in the printer menu. Just assumed it was working...

I've got stuff to do so I'll update you on this later on today.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I need to double check my printer setup. Neither the Flat nor rpm-ostree version of GIMP connected to my printer. I don't think the autoconfig stuff is working.

Granted, I've never printed anything from Fedora/SB nor have I done anything more than looking in the printer menu. Just assumed it was working...

I've got stuff to do so I'll update you on this later on today.
                  The lack of the scanner working inside a Flatpak is down to Flatpak not having a scanner portal, which is a bit tricky right now.

This would require: a portal, that asks for authorisation a D-Busified version of saned, or saned itself with that feature, hopefully maintained upstream a modified version of libsane that uses "db...

Comment

I see, hence you need a portal every time you need to access to some hardware devices, isn't it?

Comment

The lack of the scanner working inside a Flatpak is down to Flatpak not having a scanner portal, which is a bit tricky right now.

https://github.com/flatpak/xdg-deskt...tal/issues/218
                      Thanks. Went down that rabbit hole and found some instructions for using the net backend to hopefully provide a working solution.

Added that to today's todo list.

Comment

Working...
                      X