Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Developers Fixed Many Bugs This Week

Phoronix: KDE Developers Fixed Many Bugs This Week

Not only have GNOME developers been fixing many bugs this week ahead of the 3.36 stable desktop release next week, but coincidentally KDE developers were also going heavy on the bug fixes this week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The biggest problems left for me are the abysmal file copy performance of kio and that you can't use multiple keyboard layouts without sacrificing random hotkeys thanks to kglobalaccel. But even with that problems KDE is still my favourite desktop environment by far.

Comment

This is more of a general Linux issue and not a bug but more of a usabiliy thing.
      What annoys me is that password prompt windows are not always in foreground and other windows can put them out of focus.

So what can happen:
      You need to type in your admin password to grant permission to sth and then another window opens.
      So either your passwort window will be out of focus and you just dont continue typing or even worse ...
      the opened window contains some search bar and you continue to type your passwort there and press enter!

Just my opinion but password prompt windows should always have a main priority over other windows.
      It does not happen that often, but when it does it is annoying and can even be a security issue (type password in wrong window)
      Last edited by Morbis55; 08 March 2020, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Balooo indexer enhancements,

Comment

endless bug fixing... but you still want more...

Comment

Originally posted by Morbis55 View Post
            It does not happen that often, but when it does it is annoying and can even be a security issue (type password in wrong window)
            I once had two Yakuake tabs going and one was kdesu kate /etc/something and the other was some script...well the script finished right about when I started typing my password...long story short, my password became part of bash's history

Comment

Originally posted by Namenlos View Post
              The biggest problems left for me are the abysmal file copy performance of kio and that you can't use multiple keyboard layouts without sacrificing random hotkeys thanks to kglobalaccel. But even with that problems KDE is still my favourite desktop environment by far.
              Your first problem is possibly tied to an ancient constant used within files /ioslaves/file/file.cppand /ioslaves/file/file_unix.cpp. #define MAX_IPC_SIZE (1024*32) breaks 'synchronous" I/O into 32KB chunks. It probably affects "ansynchronous" I/O as well, but that's a guess. In some conditions, Asynchronous 'file copy' operations in some seem to wait until KIO has read the input file all the way to EOF before beginning to write anything at all.
              Last edited by rickst29; 08 March 2020, 05:25 PM.

Comment

KDE is really wonderful. However it annoys me that I have to give a password to sign on to wifi's I use every day. And why to applications for KWallet,. Can it please be simplified and more intuitive.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I once had two Yakuake tabs going and one was kdesu kate /etc/something and the other was some script...well the script finished right about when I started typing my password...long story short, my password became part of bash's history
                  Time to burn the PC and buy a new one I guess

(bash history is a simple text file called .bash_history in your home folder, by default it's hidden, just open it and delete the lines you want to remove)

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                    Time to burn the PC and buy a new one I guess

(bash history is a simple text file called .bash_history in your home folder, by default it's hidden, just open it and delete the lines you want to remove)
                    Totally. Gotta beat the drives with a sledge hammer and throw them in the burn pit just to be safe.

(I know...but when you do all the "safe" crap and then throw the sudo password out there like that...it's just damn, that's all)

Comment

Working...
                    X