GNOME 3.36 RC2 Released Ahead Of The Official Desktop Update Next Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.36 RC2 Released Ahead Of The Official Desktop Update Next Week

Phoronix: GNOME 3.36 RC2 Released Ahead Of The Official Desktop Update Next Week

The second and final release candidate for the GNOME 3.36 milestone is now available for testing this weekend ahead of the official GNOME 3.36.0 debut next week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Not having to hit the alt key to suspend is my favorite thing about this release. Thanks Gnome devs!

Comment

Hooray for progress

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
        Q: What did GNOME remove this time?

A: CPU usage, GPU usage, RAM usage, blocking I/O on main thread, a ton of bugs and most Wayland blockers.

Have fun.
        Seperate lock screen wallpaper.

I'm not complaining, it was pointless and replaced by something better, but they did remove something

Comment

Still undecided, whether I keep using GNOME 3, or switch to Unity/Lomiri... Well, depends if Lomiri gets to the Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

Comment

Originally posted by kravemir View Post
            ... Well, depends if Lomiri gets to the Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
            According to the previous phoronix article https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...ntu-20.04-Year the developers suggest it may take a year (or more) for lomiri to be usable

Comment

A: CPU usage, GPU usage, RAM usage, blocking I/O on main thread, a ton of bugs and most Wayland blockers.

Have fun.
              No longer using CPU, GPU, or RAM? I had an AMD server that wouldn't post or boot like that one time. Never thought of making an entire desktop environment around waiting and hoping for a post beep or a line of text on the screen. This is very innovative stuff. It's the future of fanless, noiseless computer I'll bet you.

Comment

The new lock screen is very nice.

Comment

True question is what did it add?

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

True question is what did it add?
                    The ability to disable USB support when the lockscreen is active.

Technically that's both adding and removing functionality.

That one cancels itself out

Comment

Working...
                    X