No announcement yet.

Compiz Fusion To Be Dropped, Other Changes Planned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say what you guys will about linuxhater, most of his post are well researched and have valid points. He just culminates all the "piss me off" quirks that we have all experienced, points out a realistic evaluation of aspects in linux without "FOSS fan blindness".

Harsh, yes, realistic, yes, without merit, no.

Comment

The good thing about Linuxhater is that he isn't a Linux hater He actually cares, or he wouldn't bother.

It's comedy mostly. I've seen American comedians making fun of their country for example even though they're actually quite patriotic themselves and actually love their country, not hate it. It's just comedy with criticism. Worth a read in any event.

A quote from his "Pulse my audio" article:

"so now that we're in this "mess" (as the lead developer of PulseAudio calls it*), LSB comes along and says "we're going to standardize how your write audio apps!" Oh, but wait, ALSA's now "old" (we hardly knew ye), and I can't directly program PulseAudio. Hmm... So the article's brilliant solution? Standardize on the PulseAudio-safe subset of ALSA.

WHAT THE FUCK.

* BTW, also notice that it's the PulseAudio guy calling Linux audio a mess. Did he forget that it was his project that took the existing mess, and unloaded a giant steaming turd on it? Congratufuckinglations. You've just made it worse. You're a truly a worthy OSS contributor."

Flaming? Yes. But on the spot. And funny.
      Last edited by RealNC; 04 February 2009, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        Flaming? Yes. But on the spot. And funny.
        Heh, yup, sometime the truth hurts.

Comment

I hope something comes of all this, but my personal guess is that nothing will come of composition managers until they can be used without breaking many other things in a very significant way.

I was initially excited about the prospect of KDE rolling their own composition manager in KWin. I guess I thought that maybe because it was KWin it wouldn't break all my games and stuff. Nope. No better than Compiz in this respect.

To those that would use it to lure the masses to Linux, all I have to say is shame on you. What if it does bring them in... bring them in for what? Things that are broken because of it? Does it not occur to anyone that the same set of people that would be wooed by wobbling windows and spinning cubes might also be the type that enjoy other 3D applications such as games? Linux Hater's Blog should have a field day with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
            I was initially excited about the prospect of KDE rolling their own composition manager in KWin. I guess I thought that maybe because it was KWin it wouldn't break all my games and stuff. Nope. No better than Compiz in this respect.
            It doesn't break games, it creats an entirely new game I like to call "Dude, where's my mouse cursor"!

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by russofris View Post
              It doesn't break games, it creats an entirely new game I like to call "Dude, where's my mouse cursor"!

Frank
              Is using ctrl+alt+backspace cheating?

Comment

jaja linux hater is quite funny

Comment

Linux Haters is usually pretty spot-on and it's amusing as all hell to read. Well, mostly amusing. Unimaginative pejoratives like, "freetards", and the occasionally misdirected criticism tends to diminish it's appeal slightly.

Comment

Till I don't have to use any C++ code for compiz, I'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X