OpenShot 2.5.1 Released With Performance Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prokoudine View Post

Oh, you mean like Olive that uses GLSL shaders and is moving to OSL in git master?
    Wait, really? :O That is amazing!
    Finally! We've got a video editor that really does the task! It may not have motion blur yet but it has the base for it (directional blur)!
    I tried it for a while and it seems to work well... The UI still is slow and needs a bit of work but it's almost fully usa-

-what?
    OH Come on even Olive uses the CPU hog called frei0r?!?!?!

You know, if you're gonna use frei0r then you can't claim the rendering is 100% hardware-accelerated.... Come on already be the first video editor without frei0r! Drop and deprecate that ancient effect architecture that will never support the graphics card, ever!
    Last edited by tildearrow; 15 November 2020, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      You know, if you're gonna use frei0r then you can't claim the rendering is 100% hardware-accelerated.... Come on already be the first video editor without frei0r! Drop and deprecate that ancient effect architecture that will never support the graphics card, ever!
      OMG, dude, you are looking at a stable release from the dawn of times. Olive dropped frei0r support in early May 2019 right at the beginning of full rewrite.

Comment

Originally posted by prokoudine View Post

OMG, dude, you are looking at a stable release from the dawn of times. Olive dropped frei0r support in early May 2019 right at the beginning of full rewrite.
        Yes, yes, yes, yes, I know that. The after-rewrite nightly is unusable at the moment but I hope that situation gets better soon.

Comment

Working...
        X