Firefox 75 On Wayland Now To Have Full WebGL, Working VA-API Acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    wayland is a protocol, xorg is an implementation. you can compare wayland with x11. or weston with xorg.
    including limitations, bugs, missed features. just as wayland, but nobody is going to fix it, since everyone is fixing wayland
    serious users don't know what they are using. they just boot their distro and everything should work
    Also Xorg is a server, and a protocol. As server: the client can be running in another machine and use the server thru internet. Maybe you don't know what is internet, too fresh technology.
    You don't know what you write.

Comment

• Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      I cannot see any meritocracy in that document!! This governance model was crafted in a way that GNOME would subliminally become the one working the protocols out!
      Sounds like you see only what you want to see.

Like the "3 positive votes for approval, 1 negative vote for rejection" thingy. Basically this means that the GNOME devs in the member board can just say "no" to every new protocol brought by KDE, Sway or whatever. Would that even count as "meritocracy"?!
      A "~60% positive votes for approval" approach would have worked better in my opinion.
      Please enlighten us, which protocols brought by KDE, Sway or whatever has been rejected?

The only thing you are doing to me is making me mad because I have to defend Linux desktop!
      I cannot let it die by having a poor desktop take over the entire planet! (which in turn will cause everyone to quit using Linux and therefore Linux dies on the desktop)
      This had me laughing so hard I choked on my coffee. Looks like this guy will still be waiting for the "year of the Linux desktop" in 2050.

Whatever, that was not the original topic. Let's just end the thread here already! :l
      You seem confused. What you want to end here is your conversation, not the thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank007 View Post

Also Xorg is a server, and a protocol. As server: the client can be running in another machine and use the server thru internet. Maybe you don't know what is internet, too fresh technology.
        X.Org is NOT a protocol. The protocol is called X11.
        There are other implementations of that protocol, like XQuartz.

Comment

• Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
          mppix GNOME has no intention to take over or dominate. They just want to do their thing. Nothing wrong with that.
          You have that intention though. Admit it.

Comment

Also Xorg is a server, and a protocol
            protocol is x11, go back to school
            Originally posted by frank007 View Post
            . As server: the client can be running in another machine and use the server thru internet. Maybe you don't know what is internet, too fresh technology.
            i know much more than you. for example i know that x11 is unusable over internet and that nothing what people really use will work over it. in real world outside of your kindergarden we are using browsers over internet. or vnc/rdp, none of which requires network support from x11. same shit will work for wayland

Comment

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
              protocol is x11, go back to school
              i know much more than you. for example i know that x11 is unusable over internet and that nothing what people really use will work over it. in real world outside of your kindergarden we are using browsers over internet. or vnc/rdp, none of which requires network support from x11. same shit will work for wayland
              I already wrote what you don't know.

Comment

X.Org is NOT a protocol. The protocol is called X11.
                There are other implementations of that protocol, like XQuartz.
                From Wikipedia:
                XQuartz is an open-source version of the X.Org X server, a component of the X Window System (X11, or shortened to simply X, and sometimes informally X-Windows) that runs on macOS.

Nothing to add...

Comment

• Nothing you posted refutes what he just said, so you should probably just sit down.

Comment

From Wikipedia:
                    XQuartz is an open-source version of the X.Org X server, a component of the X Window System (X11, or shortened to simply X, and sometimes informally X-Windows) that runs on macOS.

Nothing to add...
                    Ugh can I give more examples?

Xming
                    XServer XSDL
                    XMir (even though it is dead now)

Comment

Ugh can I give more examples?

Xming
                      XServer XSDL
                      XMir (even though it is dead now)
                      More examples of how clueless you are? Sure!

Comment

Working...
                      X