Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    The protocol needs some fixes...
    Just out of curiosity, what fixes are needed exactly?

Comment

• Originally posted by mppix View Post

Just out of curiosity, what fixes are needed exactly?
      Clipboard, data retrieval (like windows, window status, positions, etc.), screen capture (like XSHM), screen information and resolution setting, and moving many protocols to stable (like CSD/SSD).
      Last edited by tildearrow; 13 March 2020, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Clipboard, data retrieval (like windows, window status, positions, etc.), screen capture (like XSHM), and moving many protocols to stable (like CSD/SSD).
        But these are left out by design ..?

Comment

• Originally posted by mppix View Post

But these are left out by design ..?
          Then Wayland will never be ready.

That is just a really poor decision on their side.
          They do this on purpose as part of their plans to ensure GNOME takes over.

Comment

Then Wayland will never be ready.
            This is the exact polar opposite of my dayly experience use Wayland daily in production environments (even with proprietary Nvidia driver). Once adapted to the fairly minor changes, it has less problems than X11.
            I use Debian and if I use a DE, I'm lazy and install the default - Gnome. I'd be happy with most others but I just don't want to bother with graphic glitches of non-standard DEs (its not bad but there tend to be some at least on Debian).

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            That is just a really poor decision on their side.
            They do this on purpose as part of their plans to ensure GNOME takes over.
            DE developers and GPU companies jointly decided Wayland direction and implementation as seemingly everybody agrees that x11 is a dead end. However, I doubt Wayland is an instrument for Gnome dominance. If yes, Gnome pulled of the stunt of a lifetime and every other DE developer is a fool that did not see it coming. I doubt it also because Sway is doing well.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank007 View Post
              T(h)rolling bring nothing good to everyone. Stop imaginating, start thinking.
              ok, that thoughts are born in your head when you see latest news item from 2013?

Comment

• Originally posted by birdie View Post
                See? A Wayland compositor is basically talking to KMS/evdev directly. LMAO. Glorified KMS.
                what a moronic idea. anything talking directly to libc is glorified libc? wayland compositor composes images from clients and passes result to kms. x server also "is basically talking to KMS/evdev directly.". basically you are dumb as brick

Comment

• Originally posted by birdie View Post
                  here are my trolling contributions
                  your contributions are bug reports. which would be good if you'd managed to have better success ratio. as it stands, most of them is pointless whine

Comment

• Originally posted by frank007 View Post
                    Wayland is not that good. It has limitations, bugs, missed features. It's a game. Xorg
                    wayland is a protocol, xorg is an implementation. you can compare wayland with x11. or weston with xorg.
                    Originally posted by frank007 View Post
                    has everything
                    including limitations, bugs, missed features. just as wayland, but nobody is going to fix it, since everyone is fixing wayland
                    Originally posted by frank007 View Post
                    and should used by serious users
                    serious users don't know what they are using. they just boot their distro and everything should work

Comment

• Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
                      mppix GNOME has no intention to take over or dominate. They just want to do their thing. Nothing wrong with that.
                      Exactly

Comment

Working...
                      X