Firefox 75 On Wayland Now To Have Full WebGL, Working VA-API Acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arokh View Post

Actually you were talking to me. If you don't know how to read and comprehend how a forum works properly, might I suggest you go back to school and/or stop calling others retarded? Same goes for calling others fanatics, when you are using the install base of X.org as an argument against Wayland. You've proven to be a raging troll with absolutely zero knowledge of LInux or open source development in general. Congratulations.
    That's a lie but you aren't here to have a good argumentation. You see, without this knowledge I couldn't have helped resolve bugs in GCC and kernel and many other projects. And, again you lied when you said I've filed 1.5 kernel bug reports - nope, 129 bug reports. The link I posted earlier was about kernel commits which mention my name and there are ten of them, not 1.5. So, I've helped fix 10 serious bugs in the kernel and reported 119 extra. You're so full of lies, it's despicable.

Meanwhile the rational Wayland proponents in this thread have finally admitted it's not without its own serious issues. You're not among them it's for sure. You keep rejecting everything I've done for open source and you keep calling me a troll:
    Last edited by birdie; 06 March 2020, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the his amusement or a specific gain.

I wonder how arguing about very real Wayland issues/shortcomings/concerns and still valid Xorg advantages is trolling. Perhaps you simply don't understand this word and use it against anyone who's disagreeing with you which is very telling and kinda shows what a person you really are. Go call me a troll once again.

I no longer see your posts, so you may as well stop replying to my messages. It's not like you've had anything to say in your last dozen of messages. Name calling, on top of name calling sprinkled with "you don't know or understand anything". So much vanity and inanity.
      Last edited by birdie; 06 March 2020, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by torbido View Post

Switching between Xorg, and Wayland is not a good solution.

Clipboard managers don't work under Wayland, because they intentionally restrict the access to clipboard contents for (security reasons).
        Clipboard managers work on wayland on gnome and sway. Klipper doesn't yet work on wayland on KDE Plasma, but that's their problem to work out.

Comment

• Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
          tildearrow Sorry but that’s entirely up to Redhat and Martin. If they decide to target wayland@gnome then that’s how it is. Meritocracy at its finest.

Redhat got Martin Stransky on Firefox and they got Caolan McNamara on LibreOffice. Pushing gnome@wayland big time.

Don’t like it? Then change it. And please come up with something better than CLA CLA CLA CLA CLA CLA CLA CLA CLA CLA CLA CLA CLA CLA CLA CLA CLA CLA CLA CLA CLA
          Yeah but you do not have to mention GNOME. You only want to because of your domination plans.
          Come on get your brain right and realize GNOME is not even a meritocracy!!!

I didn't come up with anything, OK? Aren't you the big ego here?!
          You basically indirectly told me that the other desktop is garbage.
          WHEN GNOME IS THE ONE THAT IS PURE GARBAGE! Seriously you have annoyed me to the point that I would push you off back to your GNOME fanboy club if I could.
          Don't even attempt to try to kill the other desktop, OK? You say we are free to use what we want but then you insult the rest! So this actually means that according to you we are not free to...

And I won't delete your post because I mean chocolate won last time so they all think I am doing wrong by preventing GNOME from taking over and destroying Linux desktop!

But I mean, you are so annoying!
          Last edited by tildearrow; 08 March 2020, 05:57 PM. Reason: ehh tone it down

Comment

• Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            You basically indirectly told me that the other desktop is garbage.
            The other desktop.... well, ok. We don't have gnome, KDE, xfce, mate, unity, openbox, pantheon, cinnamon, budgie and so on. There is just "the other one".

You're arguing others shouldn't write crap, while you miss the point yourself.

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            WHEN GNOME IS THE ONE THAT IS PURE GARBAGE!
            It won't get any better.

And for my personal taste, I even think you're even wrong. It's the opposite

Comment

• Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post

The other desktop.... well, ok. We don't have gnome, KDE, xfce, mate, unity, openbox, pantheon, cinnamon, budgie and so on. There is just "the other one".

You're arguing others shouldn't write crap, while you miss the point yourself.
              By "the other desktop" I mean K.... you know I'm not here to advertise desktops.

Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post
              It won't get any better.

And for my personal taste, I even think you're even wrong. It's the opposite
              At least you are not annoying...

Comment

tildearrow It gets boring to read all your insults and speculations about my opinions. Mind they are not hurting me only general discourse.
                It gets boring to keep responding to you. I know I do not have to but I am not letting GNOME take over the world...

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
                Too bad you hate GNOME because then life is just going to increasingly suck. You know very well how things are moving now. Distributors went with GNOME and Redhat got the right people pushing wayland/GNOME tech into the big apps.
                They could have used another desktop, like Ubuntu did in the past.
                Yeah, you say life is going to suck but the truth is that you just attempted to convince me to just accept that Wayland is by GNOME for GNOME but you know I am not doing that...

The protocol needs some fixes...

Comment

tildearrow You don’t influence who takes over the world. Neither do I. Being angry on internet forums earns you zero merits.
                  Yes you do. Your own post proves it in the last paragraph.

And I’m not trying to convince you about anything. In fact I don’t care about your personal beliefs. I only care about the observable and measurable trends in Free software.
                  Then you would leave us alone by now.

The most important trend is that The Meritocracy already decided to go with GNOME. Don’t like that? Then adapt or spend the next decade being angry about an increasingly amount of inconveniences and incompatibilities.

The standard protocols for Wayland should NOT BE SET BY GNOME!!! I mean they may be a notable implementation, but it doesn't mean they should be setting every single protocol in Earth!
                  The protocols should be part of the Wayland standard!

Comment

tildearrow The wayland-protocols is governed by a Meritocracy as detailed in the source code. Sure GNOME developers play a very big role but your claims are a stretch.

If you don’t like this Meritocracy then don’t use their code.
                    Por favoooor ya pues deja de...

...it's enough. -_-
                    I am not going to talk anymore. Let's just finish the thread here.
                    I don't see the "Meritocracy".

...or are you basically telling me that the Wayland protocols are governed by GNOME? (because you referred them as "The Meritocracy")

Whatever, it's enough. I'm out.
                    Hope you don't respond anymore. Use your GNOME; I'll go with my K... you know, either way we will be happy but it's enough. End of thread.

Comment

tildearrow Im telling you again and again that wayland-protocols is a meritocracy. Since you proved incapable of understanding this very basic fact I bring you the link to their governance. Read, learn.
                      https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayla.../GOVERNANCE.md
                      I cannot see any meritocracy in that document!! This governance model was crafted in a way that GNOME would subliminally become the one working the protocols out!

Like the "3 positive votes for approval, 1 negative vote for rejection" thingy. Basically this means that the GNOME devs in the member board can just say "no" to every new protocol brought by KDE, Sway or whatever. Would that even count as "meritocracy"?!
                      A "~60% positive votes for approval" approach would have worked better in my opinion.

As usual GNOME developers did a lot of the work. Jonas Adahl start wayland-protocols and has maintained it for 4 years. Naturally the other members acknowledge such merits.
                      And Jonas Ådahl is a GNOME developer, which further proves my previous statement. He can basically nullify every extension proposal even if he just doesn't feel like having it in the standard.
                      Why can't you even comprehend this?!

If you don’t like this meritocracy then remove yourself. There’s no room for affirmative actions just because you got hurt feelings. If you can’t deal with meritocracies then Outreachy might be a better fit for you.
                      Guess what, you just told me "If you don't accept GNOME proposing all the protocols go to hell".
                      What about you do that instead? You do not deserve being here to advertise that desktop over and over and over. I know you may be a massive fan of it, but if you go to the point of disrupting every single thread and demeaning the other desktops frequently, and for 7 freaking years, I do not think that is acceptable.

The only thing you are doing to me is making me mad because I have to defend Linux desktop!
                      I cannot let it die by having a poor desktop take over the entire planet! (which in turn will cause everyone to quit using Linux and therefore Linux dies on the desktop)

Whatever, that was not the original topic. Let's just end the thread here already! :l

Comment

Working...
                      X