PulseAudio 14 Is Releasing Soon With Better USB Gaming Headset Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PulseAudio 14 Is Releasing Soon With Better USB Gaming Headset Support

Phoronix: PulseAudio 14 Is Releasing Soon With Better USB Gaming Headset Support

In addition to PipeWire 0.3 having shipped last week, also making it out a few days prior was a development snapshot in the road to PulseAudio 14.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Pulseaudio keeps getting better and better.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
      Pulseaudio keeps getting better and better.
      10 years ago, you'd be so heavily mocked for saying that.
      But I agree - PA is pretty good now.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        And that's the reason RedHat/IBM is going to replace it

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          Ignorant users always mock things they do not understand. Pulseaudio was a superior solution even 10 years ago. Just because some distros (cough UBUNTU cough) were GARBAGE and had issues with it, doesn't mean Pulseaudio was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

And that's the reason RedHat/IBM is going to replace it
            Because times have changed. PulseAudio is a "everything or nothing" thing, you can't prevent an application from accessing the microphone if you want it to play sound. PipeWire doesn't have this restriction.

Comment

No news about HD audio support (that was prematurely announced for 13.0)?

Comment

Better support for some USB gaming headsets

Custom configuration was enabled for a few headset models:
                • LucidSound LS31
                • SteelSeries Arctis 5 (2019 edition)
                • SteelSeries Arctis Pro (2019 edition)

PulseAudio now creates separate stereo and mono (voice) sinks for these headsets.
                Hopefully this also fixes the out of the box setup for the Arctis 7. I have to manually change the devices configuration when setting up new systems with it so that it uses the correct output.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

Ignorant users always mock things they do not understand. Pulseaudio was a superior solution even 10 years ago. Just because some distros (cough UBUNTU cough) were GARBAGE and had issues with it, doesn't mean Pulseaudio was bad.
                  Pulseaudio had a lot of memory leaks, ate 700-800MB ram for nothing and use 100% of one core - these things are bad to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ipsirc View Post

Pulseaudio had a lot of memory leaks, ate 700-800MB ram for nothing and use 100% of one core - these things are bad to me.
                    Never happened to me. This is the first time i hear about something like this. 700-800MB is a huge amount of RAM....

Comment

Working...
                    X