Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MyPaint 2.0 Released With New Features For Open-Source Drawing/Painting

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MyPaint 2.0 Released With New Features For Open-Source Drawing/Painting

    Phoronix: MyPaint 2.0 Released With New Features For Open-Source Drawing/Painting

    If the likes of GIMP and Krita aren't satisfying your digital drawing/painting needs, MyPaint 2.0 has finally been released as a big update to this simplicity-minded, cross-platform and open-source program...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...t-2.0-Released

  • #2
    The Debian version seem stale. Are they planning to be Flatpak only?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
      The Debian version seem stale. Are they planning to be Flatpak only?
      Did you even read the release notes?

      After a bit of a lull in development, MyPaint 2.0 has arrived at last! Many have already tried out the new features in the new automated continuous appimage releases, but for those who prefer to use stable releases, this is the time to pester your distro's package maintainers (or better yet, package and take a maintainer role yourself).
      Those are the literal first and second sentences. You didn't even have to get that far in to find the answer to that.

      Comment


      • #4
        skeevy420 Yes I read the release notes. I ask what is the plan on Debian.

        Comment


        • #5
          Debian is aware of the new version: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/mypaint

          Comment


          • #6
            I find it quite funny that a paint & graphics app wouldn't have even one single screenshot of the app on its official landing page: http://mypaint.org/

            Edit:
            TBH, Gimp doesn't either, but at least their page reflects what it is about:
            https://www.gimp.org/
            Last edited by pkese; 02-16-2020, 10:31 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
              The Debian version seem stale.
              Like the rest of Debian. All good.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by pkese View Post
                I find it quite funny that a paint & graphics app wouldn't have even one single screenshot of the app on its official landing page: http://mypaint.org/

                Edit:
                TBH, Gimp doesn't either, but at least their page reflects what it is about:
                https://www.gimp.org/
                Yes, it's strange. But at least there are some screenshots in release notes https://www.gimp.org/release-notes/gimp-2.10.html

                Comment


                • #9
                  What happened to Pinta? Language controversies aside, it was a pretty good painting program.

                  I also miss Banshee. Seems like C# is a death sentence for projects not affiliated to Microsoft.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by angrypie View Post
                    What happened to Pinta? Language controversies aside, it was a pretty good painting program.

                    I also miss Banshee. Seems like C# is a death sentence for projects not affiliated to Microsoft.
                    Mono was always its own little thing that was C# but not the C# you were using in your job or in your training program. Coupled with gtk#3 stalling in development, the gnome project taking some tools under its own banner and Xamarin retooling mono for its focus on mobile, the Linux scene mostly died. I kinda wish it was still a viable option for a large project cause it'd be awesome to put my C# knowledge to use

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X