Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome 81 In Beta With Web NFC, Modern Form Controls

Phoronix: Chrome 81 In Beta With Web NFC, Modern Form Controls

Following last week's release of Chrome 80, Google this week promoted Chrome 81 into their beta channel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This page does a better job of making the before/after clear.

Also, "Ugh. Flat design." Most of the widgets are acceptable, but I just don't like flat design's take on pushbuttons. Never have and probably never will.

...and that new color picker looks worryingly like simplicity for simplicity's sake at the expense of feature-richness unless that up/down selector on the RGB row switches it into either HSL or HSV mode. It's not as bad as the GTK 3.x color picker as exposed by Zenity, but I wish they'd done something more like the GTK+ 2.x version.

Last edited by ssokolow; 16 February 2020, 04:32 AM.

Comment

WebNFC. Web Near Field Communication. Well that just sounds lovely.

I always thought my web browses needed to have wireless communications protocols and now that day has finally come.

Happy, happy, joy, joy.

Comment

NFC can be used for authentication and many, many other things. This is definitely a good news.
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
        X