Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GNOME 3.36 Is Looking To Be Another Nice Evolutionary Upgrade To The GNOME Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    Stop trolling, start reading..
    You first.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin2x View Post

According to the Gnome blog post, you are wrong, my friend:

Due to the VP9 encoder being too CPU-intensive, the built-in screen recorder changed back to the VP8 encoder.

And if you would still insist that VP9 is buggy, please provide the evidence and the corresponding bug report.
      In the end the V# line is DOA. It's not evolving but maintenance only; hence AV1.

Comment

I'm childish so I can recognise childish behaviour. I think we all want Linux to thrive, in terms of quality and success, in the desktop segment of the market.. and it seems to be a slow and painful process. I feel our frustrations )

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
          I'm childish so I can recognize childish behavior.
          Yep, sometimes you have to fight glow sticks with glow sticks to keep everything on the level...

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
            Because the users shouldn't worry their pretty little heads about such things. Just believe in the GNOME devs to make all your decisions and you will soon be inside a wonderful walled garden. Okay, it's not as nice as the Apple garden, but what do you want for free?
            Then, the solution is easy: write a patch that enables it, and send it to https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter.

Comment

Because the users shouldn't worry their pretty little heads about such things. Just believe in the GNOME devs to make all your decisions and you will soon be inside a wonderful walled garden. Okay, it's not as nice as the Apple garden, but what do you want for free?
              When I need a quick recording of something for an illustration/documentation/SOP, finding the perfect settings is not my job. Every minute I need to read and understand and evaluate radio buttons and check boxes really is just missing from getting stuff done. Thank you for worrying about my "pretty little head", but you need not do that.

And I call BS on the "walled garden" threat. Neither Gnome, KDE, LTQT, XFCE, ... go out of their way to stop you from installing and using powerful specialized "non-Apple" software, like OBS-Studio, but you were probably just trolling there :-/

Comment

You're jumping the gun there. The weekly KDE blog post won't be until this weekend.
                While I only use GNOME I also root for KDE because all this progress & advancement simply rocks

Comment

Originally posted by fkoehler View Post
                  And I call BS on the "walled garden" threat...but you were probably just trolling there :-/
                  Counter-trolling against a certain someone

Comment

Originally posted by Sin2x View Post
                    Why not allow the choice between VP8 and VP9 in screen recording instead of enforcing the former?
                    The EasyScreenCast extension allows changing this and more settings for gnome-shell's screen recording functionality.

Comment

Working...
                    X