Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Love Performance... So We Love LibreOffice 6.4 With This Office Suite Now Running Faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CochainComplex
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

systemctl post nice-reply phoronix.com

*waiting for init users - preparing popcorn*

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied

Don't give Poettering these ideas because he will do them.

Leave a comment:

• loganj
    replied
    oibaf i prefer the simple and easy interface a lot more than the crappy microsoft huge bar. i can't find my ways on those buttons all over the place making my eyes jumping all over the place to find a darn button. whats ever more annoying is that even cad software started to use that type of bar.
    i have to admit that i haven't use office since 2 years ago so i don't know if anything changed since than

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by andyprough View Post

Don't worry, you can go ahead and stop using LO - system-D will be providing your office suite (and web browsing) needs soon enough. And since you aren't smart enough to write your own documents, system-D will do it for you.

Leave a comment:

• andyprough
    replied

What the ever loving fuck? Packing their own QR code generator. That is so, so, so not Unix. Don't they know that we have a one tool to do it right philosophy? By including that they clearly don't care about traditional Unix philosophies and I don't know if I can use LibreOffice anymore.
    Don't worry, you can go ahead and stop using LO - system-D will be providing your office suite (and web browsing) needs soon enough. And since you aren't smart enough to write your own documents, system-D will do it for you.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    Best part is that dialogs is now GTK3
    No, that's still done in Ncurses. You're thinking of Zenity.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    LibreOffice 6.4 is also packing a QR code generator
    What the ever loving fuck? Packing their own QR code generator. That is so, so, so not Unix. Don't they know that we have a one tool to do it right philosophy? By including that they clearly don't care about traditional Unix philosophies and I don't know if I can use LibreOffice anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied
    Originally posted by d_st View Post
    There are multiple Options available. They can be selected from the Menu Bar "View > User Interface". The Option "Tabbed" is pretty much akin to ribbons. There are 6 other Options, so you can choose the style you like most.
    The tabbed bar is a massive improvement, but it's still mostly the same UI.

It would be cool if the borders could be removed so it would more like this.

Last edited by Britoid; 29 January 2020, 09:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oibaf
    replied
    Originally posted by d_st View Post
    There are multiple Options available. They can be selected from the Menu Bar "View > User Interface". The Option "Tabbed" is pretty much akin to ribbons. There are 6 other Options, so you can choose the style you like most.
    Thanks, and... welcome first post!

Leave a comment:

• d_st
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X