Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Love Performance... So We Love LibreOffice 6.4 With This Office Suite Now Running Faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

What the ever loving fuck? Packing their own QR code generator. That is so, so, so not Unix. Don't they know that we have a one tool to do it right philosophy? By including that they clearly don't care about traditional Unix philosophies and I don't know if I can use LibreOffice anymore.
    Yeah, adding a QR generator - that's the problem.

Not that weather you crash a drawing a document or a spreadsheet will kill all your drawings, documents and spreadsheets, since it is a single application that does all.

Comment

Originally posted by Syfer View Post

I don't think it's in development anymore... I uninstalled it when it started segfaulting a lot.

Actually, it doesn't seem to be present on Google Play anymore. The Document Foundation only has a single application - Impress Remote. Who published the LO viewer? There is some code at https://github.com/w7849516230/libreoffice_android, but it doesn't look official
      Correct, it's being replaced by a solution, which shares the codebase with LibreOffice Online and the iOS version.

The code for the "LO viewer" is still where it always was... in the official LibreOffice repository.

Comment

Now LibreOffice Calc can crash inexplicably in less time than ever before!

Comment

Originally posted by Syfer View Post

I don't think it's in development anymore... I uninstalled it when it started segfaulting a lot.

Actually, it doesn't seem to be present on Google Play anymore. The Document Foundation only has a single application - Impress Remote. Who published the LO viewer? There is some code at https://github.com/w7849516230/libreoffice_android, but it doesn't look official
          Hmm, I didn't realize they have pulled it. I have had it installed quite a time now.
          Going to their wiki page, it seems that they propose this beta from Collabora. (this beta change change seems very new)

Comment

Originally posted by Tuxee View Post

No flickering here and I don't know what to watch out for. A bog standard 60Hz IPS display; HW acceleration is enabled.
            HW only? And or OpenGL?
            Here works both. openSUSE TW. Polaris 20.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
              x2, I remember buying StarOffice 4.0 for Linux, back in the late 1990's. I probably still have a copy saved somewhere!
              Ahm, I had a former Windows version, too...
              Lüneburg, Germany. ;-)
              Our home bank offered StarMoney 'for free', too.

Comment

PDF - 'Full-Sheet Previews'
                do NOT show up on my version 6.4.0.3 on openSUSE TW.
                Only on Windows?

Comment

What the ever loving fuck? Packing their own QR code generator. That is so, so, so not Unix. Don't they know that we have a one tool to do it right philosophy? By including that they clearly don't care about traditional Unix philosophies and I don't know if I can use LibreOffice anymore.
                  Indeed, I'm surprised that you're not using troff instead. LibreOffice has also got a spellchecker, which is outrageous given they could just pipe it through hunspell.

Comment

Performance related, a series of benchmarks will be nice LibreOffice vs Microsoft office in terms of performance for word processing tasks, spreadsheets computation. And also for features they offering, on Linux and Windows or even Android, why not . Also email clients compared Evolution or Thunderbird against Microsoft Outlook.
                    Maybe slickness

Comment

LibreOffice doesn't follow Unix philosophy, nor did any of its predecessors (which didn't even originate on a Unix-like platform). And being an office suite it does more than one thing by definition.

Comment

Working...
                      X