Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Love Performance... So We Love LibreOffice 6.4 With This Office Suite Now Running Faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know but something is wrong about LibreOffice, since the first big release after OpenOffice (I think it was 4.x).

Ever since then every button and dropdown menus have noticible flickering on my system. I had about 3 GPUs during that time, so it's not a GPU issue either.

I just don't understand how nobody notices this???

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
      I just don't understand how nobody notices this???
      Because... no one else experiences it?

Edit: JFTR I've LO running on multiple setups (both desktops and laptops) and NEVER had any flickering going on.

Comment

Anyone knows what's up with "LibreOffice Viewer for Android"? The last available version is very old. (~2 years old)

Comment

Originally posted by Tuxee View Post

Edit: JFTR I've LO running on multiple setups (both desktops and laptops) and NEVER had any flickering going on.
          I have had this on Windows and Linux both, and on multiple computers, I think everybody experiences it, but maybe I am just very sensitive.

EDIT: I don't know how to describe it, but it is basically happening on every hover effect

EDIT2: I am not the only one https://www.reddit.com/r/libreoffice...em_in_windows/
          Last edited by Nuc!eoN; 29 January 2020, 11:22 AM.

Comment

After 10 years of “improving OOo so much”, when I look at it today, I still see a OOo clone with a dated interface. And the source code is over complicated. If people were shown the state of LO today ten years ago, they would have been asking why a fork then ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post

I have had this on Windows and Linux both, and on multiple computers, I think everybody experiences it, but maybe I am just very sensitive.

EDIT: I don't know how to describe it, but it is basically happening on every hover effect

EDIT2: I am not the only one https://www.reddit.com/r/libreoffice...em_in_windows/
              No flickering here and I don't know what to watch out for. A bog standard 60Hz IPS display; HW acceleration is enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
                Worst part is that dialogs is now GTK3
                Fixed that for you

Comment

Originally posted by Tuxee View Post

Guess again: https://www.reddit.com/r/libreoffice...em_in_windows/

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
                    maybe nvidia-gpu or win 7 problem? Here with intel and amd gpus on linux no problem ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
                      That's two years old and relates to 5.4, got anything a bit more up to date that I can show sympathy with ?

Comment

Working...
                      X