Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Love Performance... So We Love LibreOffice 6.4 With This Office Suite Now Running Faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Love Performance... So We Love LibreOffice 6.4 With This Office Suite Now Running Faster

Phoronix: We Love Performance... So We Love LibreOffice 6.4 With This Office Suite Now Running Faster

LibreOffice 6.4 is out today as the latest feature update to this cross-platform, open-source office suite...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's already been 10 years since LibreOffice was announced?

I feel old

Comment

> almost performance support.

We love performance

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
        It's already been 10 years since LibreOffice was announced?

I feel old
        Look to the bright side, you are still alive !!

Comment

Libreoffice is an excellent tool, however today its interface is now a little different from the competing office suite (which has evolved over the past 10 years with Ribbons). I see this is the first thing that causes migration problems for users in my corporate environment.
          Is there any plan for a similar Ribbon interface?

Comment

There is already a ribbon interface available in LibreOffice, but I think it's an experimental option.

Comment

Originally posted by SWY1985 View Post
              There is already a ribbon interface available in LibreOffice, but I think it's an experimental option.
              OK, I found it, its here: https://www.reallinuxuser.com/how-to...libreoffice-6/

I tried it, it's a bit better for who is used to MS Office, still look a bit strange, however.

Comment

Originally posted by acobar View Post

Look to the bright side, you are still alive !!
                Hopefully long enough to see LibreOffice get a new interface.

Comment

There are multiple Options available. They can be selected from the Menu Bar "View > User Interface". The Option "Tabbed" is pretty much akin to ribbons. There are 6 other Options, so you can choose the style you like most.

Comment

Originally posted by d_st View Post
                    There are multiple Options available. They can be selected from the Menu Bar "View > User Interface". The Option "Tabbed" is pretty much akin to ribbons. There are 6 other Options, so you can choose the style you like most.
                    Thanks, and... welcome first post!

Comment

Working...
                    X