Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Love Performance... So We Love LibreOffice 6.4 With This Office Suite Now Running Faster

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    Originally posted by SledgeHammer_999 View Post
    Anyone knows what's up with "LibreOffice Viewer for Android"? The last available version is very old. (~2 years old)
    I don't think it's in development anymore... I uninstalled it when it started segfaulting a lot.

    Actually, it doesn't seem to be present on Google Play anymore. The Document Foundation only has a single application - Impress Remote. Who published the LO viewer? There is some code at https://github.com/w7849516230/libreoffice_android, but it doesn't look official

    Comment


    • #42
      Originally posted by Britoid View Post
      It's already been 10 years since LibreOffice was announced?

      I feel old
      x2, I remember buying StarOffice 4.0 for Linux, back in the late 1990's. I probably still have a copy saved somewhere!

      Comment


      • #43
        Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

        What the ever loving fuck? Packing their own QR code generator. That is so, so, so not Unix. Don't they know that we have a one tool to do it right philosophy? By including that they clearly don't care about traditional Unix philosophies and I don't know if I can use LibreOffice anymore.
        Yeah, adding a QR generator - that's the problem.

        Not that weather you crash a drawing a document or a spreadsheet will kill all your drawings, documents and spreadsheets, since it is a single application that does all.

        Comment


        • #44
          Originally posted by Syfer View Post

          I don't think it's in development anymore... I uninstalled it when it started segfaulting a lot.

          Actually, it doesn't seem to be present on Google Play anymore. The Document Foundation only has a single application - Impress Remote. Who published the LO viewer? There is some code at https://github.com/w7849516230/libreoffice_android, but it doesn't look official
          Correct, it's being replaced by a solution, which shares the codebase with LibreOffice Online and the iOS version.

          The code for the "LO viewer" is still where it always was... in the official LibreOffice repository.

          Comment


          • #45
            Now LibreOffice Calc can crash inexplicably in less time than ever before!

            Comment


            • #46
              Originally posted by Syfer View Post

              I don't think it's in development anymore... I uninstalled it when it started segfaulting a lot.

              Actually, it doesn't seem to be present on Google Play anymore. The Document Foundation only has a single application - Impress Remote. Who published the LO viewer? There is some code at https://github.com/w7849516230/libreoffice_android, but it doesn't look official
              Hmm, I didn't realize they have pulled it. I have had it installed quite a time now.
              Going to their wiki page, it seems that they propose this beta from Collabora. (this beta change change seems very new)

              Comment


              • #47
                Originally posted by Tuxee View Post

                No flickering here and I don't know what to watch out for. A bog standard 60Hz IPS display; HW acceleration is enabled.
                HW only? And or OpenGL?
                Here works both. openSUSE TW. Polaris 20.

                Comment


                • #48
                  Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
                  x2, I remember buying StarOffice 4.0 for Linux, back in the late 1990's. I probably still have a copy saved somewhere!
                  Ahm, I had a former Windows version, too...
                  L√ľneburg, Germany. ;-)
                  Our home bank offered StarMoney 'for free', too.
                  https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Division

                  Comment


                  • #49
                    PDF - 'Full-Sheet Previews'
                    do NOT show up on my version 6.4.0.3 on openSUSE TW.
                    Only on Windows?

                    Comment


                    • #50
                      Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

                      What the ever loving fuck? Packing their own QR code generator. That is so, so, so not Unix. Don't they know that we have a one tool to do it right philosophy? By including that they clearly don't care about traditional Unix philosophies and I don't know if I can use LibreOffice anymore.
                      Indeed, I'm surprised that you're not using troff instead. LibreOffice has also got a spellchecker, which is outrageous given they could just pipe it through hunspell.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X