Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Love Performance... So We Love LibreOffice 6.4 With This Office Suite Now Running Faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post

maybe nvidia-gpu or win 7 problem? Here with intel and amd gpus on linux no problem ever.
    maybe his monitor does not support gsync? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
      I don't know but something is wrong about LibreOffice, since the first big release after OpenOffice (I think it was 4.x).

Ever since then every button and dropdown menus have noticible flickering on my system. I had about 3 GPUs during that time, so it's not a GPU issue either.

I just don't understand how nobody notices this???
      Have you tried changing the lightbulb ?

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
        Seriously? A two year old thread which mentions a problem on Windows and where someone posted a (possible) fix: "Ignore OpenGL blacklist switch".

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
          Libreoffice is an excellent tool, however today its interface is now a little different from the competing office suite (which has evolved over the past 10 years with Ribbons). I see this is the first thing that causes migration problems for users in my corporate environment.
          Is there any plan for a similar Ribbon interface?
          A ribbon interface?

10,000 NOs and more to that feature.

Windows Office has a ribbon interface. Use that instead.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post

maybe nvidia-gpu or win 7 problem? Here with intel and amd gpus on linux no problem ever.
            I have Windows 7, an Nvidia GPU, and run Libreoffice 6.something on another PC. Works perfectly fine. I suspect the actual problem resides between the chair and the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
              oibaf i prefer the simple and easy interface a lot more than the crappy microsoft huge bar. i can't find my ways on those buttons all over the place making my eyes jumping all over the place to find a darn button. whats ever more annoying is that even cad software started to use that type of bar.
              i have to admit that i haven't use office since 2 years ago so i don't know if anything changed since than
              I have to agree the Ribbon interface up to now has been a big fail for MS Office apps. It isn’t something you should replicate in free software. I’d go so far as to say that some app in the suite have greatly reduced functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
                I don't know but something is wrong about LibreOffice, since the first big release after OpenOffice (I think it was 4.x).

Ever since then every button and dropdown menus have noticible flickering on my system. I had about 3 GPUs during that time, so it's not a GPU issue either.

I just don't understand how nobody notices this???
                Maybe you saw the mouseover effect when buttons or dropdown menu items get highlighted?

Comment

LibreOffice 6.4 has stronger handling of Microsoft Office files that the developers say is now "almost perfect support."
                  Unfortunately I still have docx files from school that don't load correctly in 6.4.0.3

I've already added my problem to an existing bug report: https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/...g.cgi?id=59274

The table's still render incorrectly and oddly enough there is an additional image in my example file that doesn't get printed out by office online.

Comment

Originally posted by SledgeHammer_999 View Post
                    Anyone knows what's up with "LibreOffice Viewer for Android"? The last available version is very old. (~2 years old)
                    I don't think it's in development anymore... I uninstalled it when it started segfaulting a lot.

Actually, it doesn't seem to be present on Google Play anymore. The Document Foundation only has a single application - Impress Remote. Who published the LO viewer? There is some code at https://github.com/w7849516230/libreoffice_android, but it doesn't look official

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
                      It's already been 10 years since LibreOffice was announced?

I feel old
                      x2, I remember buying StarOffice 4.0 for Linux, back in the late 1990's. I probably still have a copy saved somewhere!

Comment

Working...
                      X