Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Developers Continue Polishing Ahead Of Plasma 5.18 LTS

Phoronix: KDE Developers Continue Polishing Ahead Of Plasma 5.18 LTS

KDE developers were busy as always this week working to polish up the forthcoming KDE Plasma 5.18 and other areas of their open-source desktop stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

- GTK3 windows using client-side decorations are now resizable when running on Wayland.
    Awesome! The main reason why I never used Plasma Wayland more than 5 minutes. Guess I'll give it another try when 5.18 is released!

Comment

Some nice changes as always. But Plasma still suffer from the subsurface issues on Wayland and copy & paste doesn't work either with Firefox Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
        Some nice changes as always. But Plasma still suffer from the subsurface issues on Wayland and copy & paste doesn't work either with Firefox Wayland.
        Got a link to that subsurface issue?

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
          This is a Qt issue as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

Sure https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=387313 and https://phabricator.kde.org/T10530

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post

This is a Qt issue as far as I know.
              As far as I know, it's not a Qt bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

Normally, fellow Phoronix members are like "REPORT IT OR GTFO!!!". But you asked nicely for a link to the bug report, what a nice change of pace

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Normally, fellow Phoronix members are like "REPORT IT OR GTFO!!!". But you asked nicely for a link to the bug report, what a nice change of pace
                  It's not that hard to try and not be an arsehole on the internet

I don't even use KDE, but I was curious about the issue.

Comment

I have to admit subsurface handling is one of the biggest issues right now in Plasma Wayland. All the other things are minor compared to issues in Firefox Wayland or other Wayland applications.

Comment

Working...
                    X