Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 5.18 Seeing More Last Minute Work To Make It One Of Their Best Releases Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.18 Seeing More Last Minute Work To Make It One Of Their Best Releases Ever

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.18 Seeing More Last Minute Work To Make It One Of Their Best Releases Ever

This past week KDE Plasma 5.18 reached beta for this next long-term support release of the modern KDE desktop. While it's approaching the finish line next month, developers have not let up on more improvements in making this one of their best and most polished releases ever...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"Last Minute"? There's plenty of time left...

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
      The GTK-CSD stuff is cool.
      Yes, even if I use very few GTK applications, it's still okay ...

Comment

The GTK-CSD stuff is cool.
        You forgot to add the usual "Thanks to GNOME and Canonical who contributed this code."

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

You forgot to add the usual "Thanks to GNOME and Canonical who contributed this code."
          funny how they work to help plasma to have a good consistent look and feel, but they don't worry about it -at all- for their own project. plasma is miles ahead of gnome on consistent look and feel already...

Comment

Nice improvements here and there, as always

Can I put an accelerometer on my desktop screen with an Arduino or other simple sensor? I often rotate it vertically...

As a side note, I put a few sway keybindings (meta+alt+arrow) to rotate it (meta+ctrl+arrow to change the screen current window is displayed on, meta + arrow to change focus, meta+shift+arrow to change window position, etc). I wish KDE's keybindings were a bit more consistent, but lately they just took in the haphazard and legacy windows one. While I understand the rationale, this is messy. There are a lot of shortcuts with Alt for instance, that some apps (blender, for instance) expect. After getting used to meta+click to drag, I do not see a valid reason to put it on alt, as meta seems to be the de-facto standard for compositor or desktop-wide shortcuts. How about using the newly-introduced telemetry to get the list of shortcuts people change?

Checkboxes drawn on top of images and selectable list items are now always visible (Noah Davis, Plasma 5.18.0):
            I am wondering if it wouldn't be better to unify the style of these checkboxes and Dolphin's selection menu ?

Comment

Oh god the CSD vs SSD argument is extremely boring.

Comment

Britoid Agree. I should have been banned 5 years ago. At least ban me now
                Fixed that for you. Also xfeces is irrelevant and CSD xfce will be out in 10 years, but by then everyone else would have abandoned it due to the bloat and bugs of gtk

Comment

Two troll accounts the world doesn't need...

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
                    Two troll accounts the world doesn't need...
                    240Hz is a counter-troll... 144Hz is the original troll.

Comment

Working...
                    X