Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 5.18 Seeing More Last Minute Work To Make It One Of Their Best Releases Ever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    Britoid Agree. I should have been banned 5 years ago. At least ban me now
    Fixed that for you. Also xfeces is irrelevant and CSD xfce will be out in 10 years, but by then everyone else would have abandoned it due to the bloat and bugs of gtk

Comment

240Hz Watch your language. The first CSDed XFCE 4.15 dev version is already released

Stable XFCE 4.16 is planned for June

Comment

Two troll accounts the world doesn't need...

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
          Two troll accounts the world doesn't need...
          240Hz is a counter-troll... 144Hz is the original troll.

Comment

duby229 I don’t care about KDE. It’s just nice that KDE changed strategy and fixed the obvious bugs rather than claiming SSD only.

And with XFCE’s recent endorsement of CSD I consider this case closed.
            You do care about KDE, subconsciously.
            Otherwise you wouldn't be insulting them with "CLA" and "C++".

Or even posting here.

Comment

BTW the improved CSD support was implemented by a Blue Systems employee, not anyone associated with Canonical. Further visual improvements came from an unpaid community member.

Comment

Yeah. All that GTK support work was done by Plasma (KDE team). I think literally the only thing that wasn't was the color changing support in GTK (Which was exposed in 5.17 so that the QT color scheme could match the breeze-gtk theme, but ended up being disabled because of the GTK color changing functionality broken for checkboxes and other widgets), though not sure if that's what ngraham is referring to there.
                Last edited by Baguy; 01-19-2020, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Using XFCE atm, I might install Plasma5 again sometime in the future. Plasma is easier to configure, but I do like some of the hacky features of xfce.

Comment

Can phoronix please poop out some desktop environment benchmarks?
                    Want to know ram usage and cpu cycles of each. Not just of the DE but with its native apps open.

Comment

The GTK-CSD stuff is cool.
                      But it's under a CLA. ZOMG!!!!!1111

Comment

Working...
                      X