X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ireri
    replied
    Originally posted by ngraham View Post
    Hopefully Discover has gotten a lot better over the years. I know it's not yet perfect but IMO the Plasma 5.18 version is worlds better than the junky one we shipped with last LTS (5.12).
    Can confirm, Discover in 5.17 is pretty usable, I've been using it since 5.16 for updating my system and it's been surprisingly reliable. There are some cases when you still need to use the CLI or Muon like when you want to autoremove packages or uninstalling manually installed .deb but each update Discover becomes more solid.

Leave a comment:

• ngraham
    replied
    Hopefully Discover has gotten a lot better over the years. I know it's not yet perfect but IMO the Plasma 5.18 version is worlds better than the junky one we shipped with last LTS (5.12).

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by ngraham View Post
    Thanks for the kind words!
    What, you still need people to tell you KDE is awesome? The only reason I bitch about it from time to time is that most of the time it feels it's just a few fixes away from greatness. And then there's Discover

Leave a comment:

• ngraham
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
    Wonderful release but I hope that the Support for GTK applications using client-side decorations doesn't mean that the GTK application decide themselves whatever design crap they want to display on my system instead of respecting my wishes that I've set in the control panel, like the "Window decorations".
    I've already set a Windows k10 Window decoration preference because I want big rectangular window control buttons (minimize maximize, close) instead of the small round ones, so i can more quickly pinpoint them and click them.
    Unfortunately that's not something that's up to us (KDE Plasma devs). GNOME apps that draw their own titlebars can't easily be told to stop doing this and use the window-manager drawn titlebar. Some individual apps such as Lollypop offer an option to disable this, but most don't. There are invasive hacks that can be done to patch GTK itself so that it forces these apps to ask the window manager to render the titlebar, but it's buggy and has side effects and also isn't really appropriate for Plasma to be doing.

We put a lot of work into making apps look and feel better when using CSDs, which was pretty much the best we could do given these limitations. Hopefully it's at least a lot better than it used to be!

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
    You're doing a great job andI really appreciate all your work.
    KDE is awesome!
    Thanks for the kind words!

Leave a comment:

• Danny3
    replied
    It arrived on Kubuntu 19.10 too, but unfortunately it was compiled with a very old version of Qt (5.12.4) from 2018.
    I don't understand what's so hard for Kubuntu team to compile it with a more recent version ?

Leave a comment:

• markc
    replied
    FWIW I just updated Manjaro/KDE with the kde-git package repo and this 5.18.80 beta just arrived...

[packages]
    SigLevel = Optional TrustAll
    Server = https://repo.kde-git.manjaro.org/

Leave a comment:

• zoomblab
    replied
    I will upgrade from Kubuntu 18.04 LTS with KDE 5.12 LTS to Kubuntu 20.04 LTS with KDE 15.18 LTS. Ofcourse after July, when the .1 revision will be released. Ultimate stability is my thing :-)

Leave a comment:

• andyprough
    replied
    Originally posted by Britoid View Post

brb, just gagged reading this.
    Try reading with your eyes. Printing the comments and then eating them is generally not a recommended method of reading.

Leave a comment:

• Templar82
    replied

brb, just gagged reading this.
    Might wanna get that checked out...

Leave a comment:

• Danny3
    replied

If you don't agree with the design decisions a developer made, you're more than welcome to not use their software.

No one has to respect you, you're entititled to nothing.
    I'm not saying that I don't agree with all the design decision a developer has made, I'm just saying that they should leave the damn window titlebar to be handled by the operating system where I can do some design decision for all programs to follow, the ones that are part of the operating system and the ones that I install from somewhere else.
    Is it really that much for them to make all the changes they want inside the window's content and leave the window titlebar alone ?
    If i install 100 programs, it doesn't mean that I want to use 100 different designs just to make a mess and guess everytime where I need to click or grab and drag.

And I think I forgot about it, but I found a replacement for Remmina with a program that respects the design of the OS with my customizations and it's called KRDC.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X