Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.35.3 Released As Another Step To GNOME 3.36

Phoronix: GNOME 3.35.3 Released As Another Step To GNOME 3.36

GNOME 3.35.3 is out today as the latest development release on the road to GNOME 3.36...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag....35.3-Released

Imagine if GNOME Online Accounts had support for GitHub and GitLab.

Comment

The big Gestures overhaul is also landing now. 2 of 4 MRs landed already. Nice.

Comment

Would be nice with Flatpak for Epiphany (Web) and Evince (PDF) and Totem (media player) because of sandboxing for better security.

Other than that, I would like a different animation when bringing up the "Dash", one that animates from bottom-up like on Android and iOS. I don't like the folding animation used in GNOME.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          Would be nice with Flatpak for Epiphany (Web) and Evince (PDF) and Totem (media player) because of sandboxing for better security.

Other than that, I would like a different animation when bringing up the "Dash", one that animates from bottom-up like on Android and iOS. I don't like the folding animation used in GNOME.
          Yeh. I'm not a fan of the fan out animation for the app grid either, it seems oddly out of place and more like a performance test.

A fade up would be nicer imho.

Comment

For what kind of benefit?

Comment

Imagine you could disable this with systemctl. - Not possible. The workarounds with /dev/null could potentially break your system. Well, I switched the desktop therefore.

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post

Imagine you could disable this with systemctl. - Not possible. The workarounds with /dev/null could potentially break your system. Well, I switched the desktop therefore.
                IIRC g-o-a doesn't do anything unless you tell it to.

It also doesn't pester you to make accounts anywhere; it's there solely for convenience. KDE has support for online accounts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post

For what kind of benefit?
                  Could be plugged into the likes of Builder or gitg for example to have a list of repositories to track and clone.

Comment

Working...
                  X