Firefox 72 Released With Picture-In-Picture Video Support Working On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
    In that case, Google should make Android more like Windows Phone or webOS/LuneOS if people don't like to fiddle.......
    WebOS was the most fiddle-able mobile OS in history.

Comment

Here's my "picture-in-picture" method for Firefox that gives me hardware acceleration with the video format options I need, works flawlessly with the OSS4 driver and has already been working for years: Mpv+Open With extension.

Comment

Originally posted by adelpozoman
        As sad as it is, brainlet_pederson is right (about that their priorities doesnt seem focused on the software), as Mozilla says:

"Two years ago, we embarked on a journey to actively improve our organizational diversity and inclusion globally. Today, we’re sharing details about our demographics and the results of our ongoing efforts."
        https://blog.mozilla.org/careers/div...on-at-mozilla/
        Uhh, care to back that up?

Pretty much every company in the world has a generic statement something like that.

The unwritten assumption of all these companies is that they are doing this in addition to and without harming their primary goal of focusing on their product. Because... well, that would be so idiotic it doesn't make sense to even mention. Their company stops existing if they don't focus on the product.

Comment

I've just tired QUIC on Firefox-72. It doesn't seem to be working,. even though I have firewall opened for UDP:443 and http3 option enabled in browser.
          Test at https://quic.stream/#one still says I'm using plain old https...

Comment

Originally posted by adelpozoman
            As sad as it is, brainlet_pederson is right (about that their priorities doesnt seem focused on the software), as Mozilla says:

"Two years ago, we embarked on a journey to actively improve our organizational diversity and inclusion globally. Today, we’re sharing details about our demographics and the results of our ongoing efforts."
            https://blog.mozilla.org/careers/div...on-at-mozilla/
            The quote/link you cite does not support the conclusion that FF prioritizes diversity over good software engineering. It just says that diversity is important to them. Nice try though.

Originally posted by brainlet_pederson
            Found the triggered SJW.
            Not before we found the triggered incel.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisIrwin View Post

WebOS was the most fiddle-able mobile OS in history.
              I was talking about the interface, not the underlying system. I know just how fiddle-able it was, I'm an ex-diehard webOS user. LuneOS continues the tradition

Comment

You're not even trying to be convincing here are you...?
                Not to you. You won't be convinced because you are too caught up in the narrative that "diversity" is evil SJW social engineering.

It should be extremely obvious that these 2 things are competing (and conflicting) priorities.
                No, it's not obvious to those of us with more than two brain cells to rub together. Hair color and gender/identification are not correlated to technical skill.

Hiring all the trannies and "diverse" people you can find is clearly going to lower engineering standards and prompt the most competent people to move elsewhere.
                If you had actually looked at the link, you would see that there are still plenty of white males at Mozilla, especially in tech areas. (You can relax and breathe easy now.)

Seriously brainded, quit while you're behind.

Comment

Who said anything about "white males"?
                  Well, you said "They've been hiring based on diversity quotas and Adversity Olympics." So you're trying to tell me that the 75% white male figure in their tech department is all a bunch of "mediocre SJW's"?

Why does all criticism of the forced "diversity" narrative have to be equated with "muh white supremacists, nazis, incels, etc."...?
                  Because that's all you deserve when you start ranting about "dozens of blue-haired SJWs" bringing down a non-profit company that employs thousands of people..

Comment

Firefox is a completely dead browser. Their market share is in the single digits now. It just goes to show -- you can't just hire dozens of blue-haired SJWs into software engineering roles and hope they'll produce quality work. Especially not when you're competing with Google.
                    Funny that you insist on this, I've never really got comfortable with any other browser... ever after the Australis debacle, etc. If anything, uBlock Origin is a reason enough for me to stick to Firefox. It will be dead when you manage to pry it off my cold dead fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomin View Post

Except that's not really "the upcoming version" of Firefox.
                      Except that it is: https://www.ghacks.net/2020/01/07/he...droid-upgrade/

"If Firefox Nightly is installed on a device that meets the requirements, it will be upgraded to Firefox Preview "in early 2020". A date has not been set yet and Mozilla does not mention the channel that Nightly users will be migrated to but it is almost certain that they will be migrated to the Nightly version of Firefox Preview.

In Spring 2020, Firefox Beta installations and Firefox Stable installations will be migrated to Firefox Preview if they meet the requirements."

Comment

Working...
                      X