Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GNOME Shell 3.35.3 Released With NVIDIA Driver Offloading, Fixes To Shell + Mutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Shell 3.35.3 Released With NVIDIA Driver Offloading, Fixes To Shell + Mutter

Phoronix: GNOME Shell 3.35.3 Released With NVIDIA Driver Offloading, Fixes To Shell + Mutter

GNOME Shell 3.35.3 and Mutter 3.35.3 were released today as part of the next development step on the path towards GNOME 3.36 coming out in March...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Can it run without XWayland?
    So it runs fully natively on Wayland without XWayland and without X.Org?

Comment

Those who want to test it on fedora, can use this: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/co.../fedora-gnome/

Comment

I wonder when we will see NVIDIA hardware being properly supported under wayland, and perhaps also nvidia-settings (its all we got ).

Is that all up to NVIDIA in the end? seems their pretty sour over the EGLSTREAMS fiasco.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
          I wonder when we will see NVIDIA hardware being properly supported under wayland, and perhaps also nvidia-settings (its all we got ).

Is that all up to NVIDIA in the end? seems their pretty sour over the EGLSTREAMS fiasco.
          Asking developers to have to support 1000s (perhaps 10000s) of lines of code for just one vendor, who doesn't even follow the proper development model of the kernel, is kinda a punch in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
            Asking developers to have to support 1000s (perhaps 10000s) of lines of code for just one vendor, who doesn't even follow the proper development model of the kernel, is kinda a punch in the face.
            You could say the same about GNOME.

Comment

Originally posted by archsway View Post

I forgot GNOME was closed source, sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by archsway View Post
                Thats utter nonsense.

Archsway. I still really miss Devuanwindowmaker. Or Lindowstwm. Or Suseyawm. Can't be too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

Understandably some people are sore about something like that but at the same time Wayland is expected to work with any GPU. It requires it and so Wayland devs are technically the problem too. Well, I say Wayland devs are a punch in the face to their users. Its a lose lose situation.

Comment

Originally posted by ix900 View Post
                    so Wayland devs are technically the problem too
                    So it's a flaw in the protocol? Please enlighten us how exactly. Because, you know, Wayland is a protocol.

Comment

Working...
                    X