Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Kicks Off 2020 With Landing New Feature Work

Phoronix: KDE Kicks Off 2020 With Landing New Feature Work

While New Year's festivities lightened the development activity this past week, KDE developers still managed to accomplish a fair amount this first week of January...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

thanks to fuse integration i might switch. looking forward to check it out

Comment

Probably the biggest improvements any DE had for a long time, KIO fuse and the fixed KWin compositing will definitely make Plasma much more recommendable. This should also apply to working environments that want something closer to Windows UI.
      But also Dolphin root actions are great, then I can finally let Thunar retire as my root file explorer (well, and SMB share explorer alike).
      Making it much easier to be patient for better Wayland support.

Comment

The KIO fuse thing sounds great, this is something that really annoyed me when using Nextcloud and webdav.

Comment

The alt-tilde shortcut for switching between the current application's open windows will now work on Wayland
          That's actually Alt+backtick. Tilde would require you to also press Shift, which is not the case

Comment

Originally posted by a very pointy stick, with an atom-sized spike diameter at the top
            Is it possible to disable this feature (or any of the features mentioned if they are UI changes) or is it mandatory, GNOME-style?

Comment

Generally yes, for the bit you quoted, just don't install the browser integration extension

Comment

Please quote. I didn't know you replied.

OK, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Is it possible to disable this feature (or any of the features mentioned if they are UI changes) or is it mandatory, GNOME-style?
                  Originally posted by Snaipersky View Post
                  Generally yes, for the bit you quoted, just don't install the browser integration extension
                  It has a dedicated setting in the PBI preferences: about:addons -> "Plasma Integration" -> Preferences -> "Save URL in file attributes" (rough translation).

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Yes, it's an optional (but on-by-default) feature that can be toggled in the Plasma Browser Integration settings window.

Comment

Working...
                    X