Wine 5.0-RC4 Released With The Stable Update Expected Later This Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 5.0-RC4 Released With The Stable Update Expected Later This Month

Phoronix: Wine 5.0-RC4 Released With The Stable Update Expected Later This Month

While complicated by New Year's festivities, Wine 5.0-RC4 was released today with just fifteen bug fixes for the week -- also a sign of the development cycle winding down for this annual Wine stable release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just a reminder: when you see closed bug reports for a certain Wine release in absolute most cases it doesn't mean they have been fixed in this particular release - it just means someone has finally tested the affected apps and reported the bugs as fixed.

Comment

As of RC3, there was a problem with logging into Origin (yeah, yeah, but there ARE some decent games under Origin despite what we all think about Origin) that isn't present on 4.21. Origin or not, we all want this point release to be the best it can be AND it would be great if Origin worked with it. Sure I can go back to 4.21 and play Origin games but I don't expect everyone who is getting ready to abandon Windows due to Win-7 coming to an end to think: "Hey Origin doesn't work but what about earlier versions, I'll just keep building them from source until one works."

I'm on the list for the Origin problem but when a whole gaming service doesn't work, crappy as it might be, it's a big deal.

All the best to the wine guys, it's been minutes since I last used wine to play one of my favorite games; and yeah, it's an Origin game.

Waiting for staging then doing a build for RC4, this is such cool time for watching gaming under Linux evolve.

Comment

Originally posted by gukin View Post
        As of RC3, there was a problem with logging into Origin (yeah, yeah, but there ARE some decent games under Origin despite what we all think about Origin) that isn't present on 4.21. Origin or not, we all want this point release to be the best it can be AND it would be great if Origin worked with it. Sure I can go back to 4.21 and play Origin games but I don't expect everyone who is getting ready to abandon Windows due to Win-7 coming to an end to think: "Hey Origin doesn't work but what about earlier versions, I'll just keep building them from source until one works."

I'm on the list for the Origin problem but when a whole gaming service doesn't work, crappy as it might be, it's a big deal.

All the best to the wine guys, it's been minutes since I last used wine to play one of my favorite games; and yeah, it's an Origin game.

Waiting for staging then doing a build for RC4, this is such cool time for watching gaming under Linux evolve.
        Yes, I noticed the Origin issue as well. The "lutris-5.0-rc3" Wine build seems to include a fix for this or you can use 4.21.

Comment

Meanwhile...

EA bans players running Battlefield V on Linux

This means hostile actions to gaming on Linux, a dangerous discrimination beyond needing to use compatibility wrappers such as Wine.

Please research about this a publish news about it, Michael

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
            Meanwhile...

EA bans players running Battlefield V on Linux

This means hostile actions to gaming on Linux, a dangerous discrimination beyond needing to use compatibility wrappers such as Wine.

Please research about this a publish news about it, Michael
            Its MP so kind of expected. Linux != Windows != XBox. It also doesn't have cross platform play. If it did, maybe they wouldn't ban for that. But it doesn't so.

Comment

Working...
            X