MPV 0.31 Video Player Adds Pseudo Client Side Decorations, Wayland Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

You said FUSE wasn't needed to mount them, which it is unless you have a daemon running as root mounting them. You accused me of lying which I wasn't, you were just being rude.

I guess I made that up.
    I said 'the last time I checked no FUSE were needed to mount appimages' which is absolutely correct statement in my environment. And if you dare to say that this was a lie than what you said about FUSE is a lie too because you were telling others only a part of a story. This sums is up

and btw all your other comments regarding 'appimage suck' are the same quality as your 'fuse' one.

Comment

Originally posted by flux242 View Post
      I said 'the last time I checked no FUSE were needed to mount appimages' which is absolutely correct statement in my environment. And if you dare to say that this was a lie than what you said about FUSE is a lie too because you were telling others only a part of a story. This sums is up

and btw all your other comments regarding 'appimage suck' are the same quality as your 'fuse' one.
      You accused me of lying when I said AppImages use FUSE, when they do need FUSE in their default setting (I'm only aware of one distro that ships with appimaged that no one uses). Perhaps next time choose better words.

Yes, they suck.

That guy speaks gibberish
      That was your comment.

to my

2) FUSE... it uses FUSE to mount the application files at startup
      You were lying, own up to it.
      Last edited by Britoid; 29 December 2019, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
        Finally, the lack of decorations on wayland was so annoying
        I just checked, I can't call those "decorations" because they look primitive and you still can't resize the window with mouse drag on window borders. Problem not solved yet.

Comment

You accused me of lying when I said AppImages use FUSE, when they do need FUSE in their default setting (I'm only aware of one distro that ships with appimaged that no one uses). Perhaps next time choose better words.

Yes, they suck.

That was your comment.

to my

You were lying, own up to it.
          you are so afraid to accept that your appimage statements are biased and simply incorrect for its today state that you keep speaking gibberish even now trying to cover it up. Maybe you should get out of your mom's house basement and do something useful? Improving appimage DE integration for example? And I'm not rude - I'm calling things with their own names.

Comment

Something like libdecoration might help though for applications that want to interface directly with the display server without linking GTK, which is a compromising solution.
            Except that libdecoration is a backburner project that may or may not actually get done. I've only skimmed a discussion about it, but it looked like Ryan Gordon likes the idea, so if it ever gets finished, SDL will use it for sure. Don't know about mpv devs.

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
            I just checked, I can't call those "decorations" because they look primitive and you still can't resize the window with mouse drag on window borders. Problem not solved yet.
            Resizing should work, there's a configurable inner border (2px by default I think) that you should be able to grab with the mouse.

Comment

Celluloid (GNOME MPV) might be a better frontend.
              Celluloid is built using gtk and gtk has a huge performance bug.
              See: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/2311

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
                Funny thing here, this doesn't actually work with the Nvidia driver, only with Mesa drivers, so AMD basically. Nvidia doesn't expose the vdpau_interop extension under EGL, only under GLX. So on Nvidia, you have to specify --gpu-context=x11 for VDPAU to work (the x11egl context is default).
                That (x11egl being the default even with nvidia) was fixed long ago: https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/2439

Comment

Originally posted by SciK View Post
                  That (x11egl being the default even with nvidia) was fixed long ago: https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/2439
                  The x11probe function no longer exists: https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/co...317f3af7b5b89c I didn't work well anyway, it chose GLX on AMD, which broke VAAPI.

Comment

Maybe we are lucky and wm4 completely kicks out VDPAU in an act of justified rage.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
                      The x11probe function no longer exists: https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/co...317f3af7b5b89c I didn't work well anyway, it chose GLX on AMD, which broke VAAPI.
                      Ah, my bad. Thanks for the pointer. From the sound of it, it seems that the current situation is anyway better than using vdpau?

Comment

Working...
                      X