Chrome 80 Beta Brings SVG Favicons, Further FTP Support Deprecation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome 80 Beta Brings SVG Favicons, Further FTP Support Deprecation

Phoronix: Chrome 80 Beta Brings SVG Favicons, Further FTP Support Deprecation

Following last week's release of Chrome 79, the Chrome 80 web browser has been promoted to beta,..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

SVG favicons are cool.

Comment

It's crazy to see how long they took to implement SVG favicons.

Comment

Some developers have implemented whole desktop environments with SVG icons and Google is taking years to bring SVG favicons in Chrome ?
        Maybe this kind of features would have been implemented faster if they wouldn't waste so many resource into developing spyware and data collection, similar to what Mozilla is doing these days.
        At least they are fast into forbidding other web browsers to access Google services calling them insecure.
        I am sick of their sleazy tactics and their willingness to compete with Microsoft on this.

Comment

Firefox already had support for SVG favicons for many years...

Comment

How long for Chrome based on wayalnd?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
              How long for Chrome based on wayalnd?
              it is in the works and "mostly" works - as of the last status update, was an article about it here in the last 5 or 6 weeks I think

Comment

Anybody else have trouble running Chrome 79 remotely over X11? It runs, but the window is completely blank. You can even interact with it if you know where to click, but no content ever displays. No errors that I can see either. Chrome up to 78 worked fine. Tried different X servers, no change.

Comment

Working...
                X