Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Applications 19.12 Released With Big Improvements To Kdenlive + Other KDE Programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Applications 19.12 Released With Big Improvements To Kdenlive + Other KDE Programs

Phoronix: KDE Applications 19.12 Released With Big Improvements To Kdenlive + Other KDE Programs

KDE Applications 19.12 is out today as the collection of 120+ KDE applications tailored around the Plasma desktop and largely built using Qt and KDE Frameworks...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Congratulations KDE developers!

I hope Kdenlive finally works out well after the fixes...
    ...because in my case I have to use the AppImage and can't use the package anymore... it just hangs when doing anything

Comment

It's nice to see Calligra updated, personally I don't need to be compatible with Office and Calligra seems to work well for me. Kdenlive has become my long-time default video editor.
      Kde really has a lot of great apps, the Elisa reader gets better with every update and I'm glad they added support to the radios. I hope to have the update on my Tumbleweed soon, I think it will take a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Congratulations KDE developers!

I hope Kdenlive finally works out well after the fixes...
        ...because in my case I have to use the AppImage and can't use the package anymore... it just hangs when doing anything
        The Flatpak package just got updated.

Comment

Various Kdenlive video editor enhancements
          Hmm, I had to downgrade it to version 18.x on all three systems where I tried to upgrade. Much more crashes, many effects and transitions disappeared and and other stability issues.

To be fair, I'm not running full KDE environment, only Kdenlive over XFCE, maybe that's the culprit. Nevertheless it runs worse than 18.x in my case.
          Last edited by lucrus; 12 December 2019, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Wow, Elisa radio support is huge (for me). If it works well enough, I have just found my new Qt5 music player!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
              It's nice to see Calligra updated, personally I don't need to be compatible with Office and Calligra seems to work well for me. Kdenlive has become my long-time default video editor.
              Kde really has a lot of great apps, the Elisa reader gets better with every update and I'm glad they added support to the radios. I hope to have the update on my Tumbleweed soon, I think it will take a few days.
              That's honestly the first time I see "Calligra" and "working well" in one sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                Wow, Elisa radio support is huge (for me). If it works well enough, I have just found my new Qt5 music player!
                Elisa is not bad, but still it's user interface doesn't work too well even with 19.12, like drag and drop doesn't work or adding all titles of the complete library to the playlist doesn't work either (tested on Wayland). Well at least Elisa shows now the covers from the tags. :-)

Comment

Kmail is as well completely broken on Wayland, it will not show any content in the main window until you resize. If I add my imap account, it will freeze from time to time, especially when maximizing the window. Seems quite untested to me :-(

Comment

KDE applications branding is now obsolete, by the way.
                    Nice updates, I'll checkout calligra-pans, which I didn't know about.

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

That's honestly the first time I see "Calligra" and "working well" in one sentence.
                    IIRC, Krita was a calligra app, but yeah x)

Comment

Working...
                    X