GNOME Shell 3.35.2 Begins Launching Spawned Processes Within Systemd Scopes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Shell 3.35.2 Begins Launching Spawned Processes Within Systemd Scopes

Phoronix: GNOME Shell 3.35.2 Begins Launching Spawned Processes Within Systemd Scopes

Out today is a new development release of GNOME Shell on the road to GNOME 3.36 in March...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How much overhead does that add? I hope and guess it's very little?

Also, screenshots with shadows? Who wants that?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Gnome Devs.

Comment

I hope one day every single OS removes the screen shot functionality completely. Oh the horrors when random customer sends in a screenshot with a list of 10000 identifiers and "could you add these to my entitlement list"...

Or the WIndows devs that always sends SQL queries via screenshots, WTF is wrong with some people?

Comment

Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post

I hope one day every single OS removes the screen shot functionality completely. Oh the horrors when random customer sends in a screenshot with a list of 10000 identifiers and "could you add these to my entitlement list"...

Or the WIndows devs that always sends SQL queries via screenshots, WTF is wrong with some people?
          A picture is worth a- you know the rest of the quote.

Comment

What?

Well, it's part of the UI, so should be snapshotted.

Comment

A picture is worth a- you know the rest of the quote.
              - million hours of unbilled work. I think that's the rest of the quote

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
                Version 3.35 now works fine on latest RPis.
                I'm using Gnome myself (and we've posted on the same forum threads before), but I feel that's a bit too optimistic of a view (depending on your notion of "fine", though). Did you try it yourself? Can you upload a recording somewhere, if it's not too much of a hassle?

Comment

Will the session not crash anymore with 3.36 when killing/crashing xwayland?

Comment

This should be useful. I've done this manually for Android Studio for a while. Set the CPUWeight property down to 50 and it makes the rest of the desktop perform better. But even without that it makes it share more equally with things like Firefox.

Comment

Working...
                    X