Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.18 Introducing Built-In Emoji Picker

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.18 Introducing Built-In Emoji Picker

KDE Plasma is gearing up for 2020 by introducing a built-in emoji picker... Coming with Plasma 5.18 is easier support for inserting Unicode emojis...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Meanwhile I had to stop using KDE after 10 years due to two memory leak bugs that make the desktop unusable for me. But I guess an emoji picker is a lot more important.

Comment

Originally posted by ahmed.delanight View Post
      Meanwhile I had to stop using KDE after 10 years due to two memory leak bugs that make the desktop unusable for me. But I guess an emoji picker is a lot more important.
      It's a bad thing you're paying for it then.

Comment

You are confusing KDE with gnome, there are no memory leak bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

It's a bad thing you're paying for it then.
          No, it's a bad thing I trusted it to continue focusing on stability and usability, like in 3.x times.

Comment

Only memory leak i was aware of was when you are using Wayland, and that was fixed in a 5.16 point release.

Comment

Has anyone else found the new copy & paste behaviour with formatted text annoying in KDE? I usually save my compilation flags in a GMail mail document and some of them are formatted differently, once I copy & paste them into the Makefiles with Kate, they now annotate once formatted text with a hard to see symbol which forces me to delete it or compilation won't work and this is very inconvenient. Before that change it would just paste this text as unformatted text in Kate and this is way more handy. I want that "feature" back!

Comment

Honestly, I think that the average desktop user cares more emojis than memory leaks. He doesn't even know what a memory leak is. But the average KDE (or GNU/Linux) user is definitely not the average desktop user.
                That said, the functionality that would please me the most now is a LanguageTool plugin for KTextEditor (their own spellchecker not only lacks grammar check, it's simply not working properly).

Comment

lol I bet Michael deliberately highlighted the emoji thing, just because all the people griping about it in the comments would trigger ad revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by Baguy View Post
                    Only memory leak i was aware of was when you are using Wayland, and that was fixed in a 5.16 point release.
                    There's a notable one with Dolphin over time depending on how you use it: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=398908

Comment

Working...
                    X