KDE Plasma 5.18 Introducing Built-In Emoji Picker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    lol I bet Michael deliberately highlighted the emoji thing, just because all the people griping about it in the comments would trigger ad revenue.
    Of course that there are a lot of changes in the original article, but in the headline, Larabel only puts the emoji one, as if there was no other. In his https://www.michaellarabel.com/michael.php page he talks about his "strong support for GNOME", who was going to guess what he understands as "support"?
    Last edited by Nth_man; 08 December 2019, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post

There's a notable one with Dolphin over time depending on how you use it: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=398908
      Well, then I'm lucky that my go-to file browser is Krusader
      A quick glance at the system monitor widget shows flat memory usage (I've just been browsing for the last hour or so), so no leaks to speak of here.

Comment

I'm sure those aged about 14 years old will find this quite exciting but the rest of us have a kwin vulkan back-end on our Christmas wish list.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
          Has anyone else found the new copy & paste behaviour with formatted text annoying in KDE? I usually save my compilation flags in a GMail mail document and some of them are formatted differently, once I copy & paste them into the Makefiles with Kate, they now annotate once formatted text with a hard to see symbol which forces me to delete it or compilation won't work and this is very inconvenient. Before that change it would just paste this text as unformatted text in Kate and this is way more handy. I want that "feature" back!
          This is a bug that was fixed in Frameworks 5.62. See https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=410951

Comment

The best DE just keeps getting better and better!

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Well, then I'm lucky that my go-to file browser is Krusader
              A quick glance at the system monitor widget shows flat memory usage (I've just been browsing for the last hour or so), so no leaks to speak of here.
              I'm also not using Dolphin. I just hope that PCManFM-Qt has reached parity with the GTK+ 2.x PCManFM when I can block out some time to deal with any potential breakages caused by upgrading from Kubuntu 16.04 LTS to 18.04 LTS.

In 16.04, I use the GTK+ 2.x version under KDE 5 because the Qt version is missing...
              • View > Preserve This Folder's Settings
              • View > Dual Pane Mode (The Qt version reassigns the hotkey to "Search Files". I like to pop in briefly for triaging files)
              • View > Easy-to-access zoom in/out options with keyboard shortcuts
              • Preferences: "Show in Places" checkboxes so I can uncheck "Applications", "Network", and "Trash"

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post
                I'm sure those aged about 14 years old will find this quite exciting but the rest of us have a kwin vulkan back-end on our Christmas wish list.
                Perhaps someone can write a patch for you so that KWin spoofs it was using Vulkan, it would totally do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
                  Perhaps someone can write a patch for you so that KWin spoofs it was using Vulkan, it would totally do the trick.
                  I look forward to your gift of a chocolate teapot for Christmas, but a real Vulkan backend would be more useful. I'll spoil your Christmas and tell you what's in the nicely wrapped present I sent you, nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                    lol I bet Michael deliberately highlighted the emoji thing, just because all the people griping about it in the comments would trigger ad revenue.
                    That's a terrible conspiracy theory. Michael links to Nate Graham's blog of KDE changes every week and usually highlights one in the headline (the same one highlighted in the blog post from what I see). The blog post also headlines the new emoji feature.

Try harder next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post

Of course that there are a lot of changes in the original article, but in the headline, Larabel only puts the emoji one, as if there was no other. In his https://www.michaellarabel.com/michael.php page he talks about his "strong support for GNOME", who was going to guess what he understands as "support"?
                      Calm down, this is ridiculous. This article was part of his weekly KDE status blog post reference.

Comment

Working...
                      X