Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 5.0 Code Freeze To Begin Next Week

Phoronix: Wine 5.0 Code Freeze To Begin Next Week

As expected by Wine's annual release cadence, next week Wine 5.0 will enter its code freeze followed by release candidates until this next stable Wine release is ready to ship around early 2020...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It would be nice if vkd3d was released with a new version before wine 5.0, so that there would be an incentive to backport this for the more non-rolling distro's out there.

Sure, it's a way towards "full D3D12 compatibility" in the likes of DXVK currently, but atleast something would work. Atm the GIT version actually do work with some games vs. the released vkd3d_1.1 that works with.. mostly nothing. (Internal tests maybe.. if that).

Sadly it was a huge setback to loose vkd3d main developer Józef Kucia this summer, something that i am sure have made things go a lot slower than it could have gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Cybmax View Post
      It would be nice if vkd3d was released with a new version before wine 5.0, so that there would be an incentive to backport this for the more non-rolling distro's out there.

Sure, it's a way towards "full D3D12 compatibility" in the likes of DXVK currently, but atleast something would work. Atm the GIT version actually do work with some games vs. the released vkd3d_1.1 that works with.. mostly nothing. (Internal tests maybe.. if that).

Sadly it was a huge setback to loose vkd3d main developer Józef Kucia this summer, something that i am sure have made things go a lot slower than it could have gone.
      DXVK has little to do with Wine: It actually works on Windows without Wine.

Has the Wine team given up on non-gaming applications?

Comment

Originally posted by betam4x View Post

DXVK has little to do with Wine: It actually works on Windows without Wine.

Has the Wine team given up on non-gaming applications?
        The reason i mentioned DXVK in this manner was because people are very quick to "Bah.. why do you need vkd3d when you have dxvk" and then just be done with it. In a sense libvkd3d also does not have anything to do with Wine, as it is a system library that can be used by "whatever". Currently i do not know of anything but Wine using it, but that is somewhat beside the point

Not sure what you mean by the last question. Seems to me the patchnotes are always filled with loads of non-gaming program fixes every new release tho.

Comment

Working...
        X