Firefox 71 Linux Performance Isn't Looking All That Great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
    Must be because they wrote more stuff in Rust.
    No

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

If I magically had the time/sponsorship.
      Have you thought about reaching out to Mozilla to see if they'd be interesting in sponsoring you or your work? I'm a regular bug reporter to Mozilla and I've used Mozgression a few times myself to hunt down bugs / regressions and report them.

Comment

But for the curious who may wonder why Mozilla even cares about Rust in Firefox, you should follow Nicholas Nethercote's blog: https://blog.mozilla.org/nnethercote/

Comment

Sorta off topic but does anyone know how to change the cursor blink rate in Firefox? It's pathetic. I don't see a setting in about:config for "caret" or "cursor" or "blink" rate.

Chrome for comparison:

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
            Sorta off topic but does anyone know how to change the cursor blink rate in Firefox? It's pathetic. I don't see a setting in about:config for "caret" or "cursor" or "blink" rate.

Chrome for comparison:

Comment

Michael, why are you still testing Octane? It has been retired.

Comment

Oh geez, I really need to pay better attention. That was the only thread I saw on it also but skimmed through the (short) post so fast that I missed the part where it said to right click and create a new key.

All better now (using a setting of 500). Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by nowan View Post
                  Michael, why are you still testing Octane? It has been retired.
                  Thy retired it right when FF 57 rolled around, that scored approx. the same in that benchmark compared to Chrome. Coincidence? I think not!

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
                    I know why Firefox is slower than Chromium, the former is at version 71 while the latter is at 78.
                    But isn't less more?

Comment

Originally posted by V1tol View Post
                      Which eats 30% of performance? That should be a hell of a feature
                      Yes. It has a feature of heating up the monitor when it detects accidental jizz... That's where all the extra performance is going.

Comment

Working...
                      X