Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GNOME 3.35.2 Released As Another Step Towards The GNOME 3.36 Desktop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GNOME 3.35.2 Released As Another Step Towards The GNOME 3.36 Desktop

    Phoronix: GNOME 3.35.2 Released As Another Step Towards The GNOME 3.36 Desktop

    GNOME 3.35.2 is out as the latest development release on the route to GNOME 3.36 due out next March...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag....35.2-Released

  • #2
    Did they fork git already? (too offensive name, IMHO)... Or maybe they could change to SVN...

    Comment


    • #3
      What would be the proper place to report two of my issues I'm having with GNOME 3.34?

      GNOME's Magnifier and Touchscreen
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ivn5n8Y62g

      I'm not sure if I should report a bug related to either Mutter or libinput regarding touchscreen in a convertible laptop. As far as I know, this will probably not affect Librem 5, as Librem 5 uses a different keyboard and compositor.
      https://twitter.com/dos1/status/1198030190867361792

      GNOME Magnifier not taking advantage of 200% DPI scaling
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_1Iagt3EQs&t=82s

      I have already reported the bug about the magnifier not working with HiDPI, but got no response so far.
      https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/issues/923

      Any help is appreciated.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by monraaf View Post
        Did they fork git already? (too offensive name, IMHO)... Or maybe they could change to SVN...
        It was third party developers that forked GIMP. Not GNOME project. So your comment doesn't make much sense

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

          It was third party developers that forked GIMP. Not GNOME project. So your comment doesn't make much sense
          Also, the name "git" is a perfectly good verb in the American Southwest and in gaming circles (git gud). That's a little different.

          Comment


          • #6
            Cinnamon DE is best outcome of Gnome 3 ..

            Comment


            • #7
              Hello Grayson,

              Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
              What would be the proper place to report two of my issues I'm having with GNOME 3.34?

              GNOME's Magnifier and Touchscreen
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ivn5n8Y62g

              I'm not sure if I should report a bug related to either Mutter or libinput regarding touchscreen in a convertible laptop. As far as I know, this will probably not affect Librem 5, as Librem 5 uses a different keyboard and compositor.
              https://twitter.com/dos1/status/1198030190867361792

              GNOME Magnifier not taking advantage of 200% DPI scaling
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_1Iagt3EQs&t=82s
              The issue seems affecting mainly Xorg session. GNOME Magnifier works as intended on Wayland session as tested on Fedora 31 Workstation running on Wayland by default. The hardware for test is 2018 HP Envy x360 Ryzen 2500U Convertible.

              I have already reported the bug about the magnifier not working with HiDPI, but got no response so far.
              https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/issues/923

              Any help is appreciated.

              Your bug report is incomplete. Make sure to include the hardware information reproducing the issue, the name of the distribution where the issue occurred and which session (Xorg or Wayland).

              Comment


              • #8
                mutter and Gnome-shell saw a LOT of improvements but haven’t released yet.

                This is a another recent major performance gain and power saver.
                https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutte...e_requests/867

                Comment


                • #9
                  This one should also help:
                  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gobje...d1d996a6b64b67

                  gjs in gnome-shell calls that g_irepository_find_by_type function with private gtypes a lot for some reason. So lots of useless "scan the whole public repository for the type, only to find nothing and return NULL" will be gone in 3.36. It could improve animation performance and reduce lag on older machines, and save power on all machines.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    For me, if they drop javascript for extensions (that OFTEN causes freezes and crashes to my gnome-shell) would be a GREAT advance....

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X