Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.18 Bringing Better GTK/GNOME App Integration

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.18 Bringing Better GTK/GNOME App Integration

For KDE users often still running GNOME/GTK applications from the Plasma desktop, the experience is about to get a lot better with Plasma 5.18...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

ngraham Please make sure that the font size in GTK and Qt UIs is the same or at least comparable when hiding those settings. Right now I need to set the general font size to 10p in system settings, while I need 9p in the GTK style KCM.

Comment

> GTK/GNOME

Please stop SHOUTING.

Last edited by Nth_man; 17 November 2019, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
        ngraham Please make sure that the font size in GTK and Qt UIs is the same or at least comparable when hiding those settings. Right now I need to set the general font size to 10p in system settings, while I need 9p in the GTK style KCM.
        And tie the GTK font settings into the QT/Plasma font settings so we don't have to set the same fonts and sizes multiple times.

Can't tell y'all how many times I've tweaked my font settings, launched Firefox or GIMP, and then realized I forgot to tweak the same/equivalent entries under the GTK settings.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

And tie the GTK font settings into the QT/Plasma font settings so we don't have to set the same fonts and sizes multiple times.

Can't tell y'all how many times I've tweaked my font settings, launched Firefox or GIMP, and then realized I forgot to tweak the same/equivalent entries under the GTK settings.
          Uhh, if you would read it correctly you would know that this is exactly what got added.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
            Yes, that's exactly what was implemented. Setting a font/size/etc. in the Fonts page changes things for KDE, Qt, GNOME, and GTK apps.

Comment

Originally posted by GB_2 View Post

Uhh, if you would read it correctly you would know that this is exactly what got added.
              That's what I get for skipping ahead to the comments

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
                > GTK/GNOME

Please stop SHOUTING.
                Erm, I do believe given both GTK (GIMP toolkit) and GNOME (GNU Network Object Model Environment) are acronyms and thus should be capitalised, so please put the megaphone away.

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

Erm, I do believe given both GTK (GIMP toolkit) and GNOME (GNU Network Object Model Environment) are acronyms and thus should be capitalised, so please put the megaphone away.

Comment

> > GTK/GNOME

> the megaphone away.

The one who habitually is shouting there or using caps lock is not me.

> are acronyms

That way anyone can use an acronym with 14 letters LIKE_SHOUTING (TM) and force everyone mentioning it to be LIKE_SHOUTING (TM).
                    Last edited by Nth_man; 17 November 2019, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X