GNOME Mutter Adds Intermediate ShadowFB For Faster Software Rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Mutter Adds Intermediate ShadowFB For Faster Software Rendering

Phoronix: GNOME Mutter Adds Intermediate ShadowFB For Faster Software Rendering

Landing in GNOME's Mutter tree today is a change for GNOME 3.36 improving the effectiveness of running the GNOME Shell desktop with a software renderer like LLVMpipe...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So will this mean better performance overall when running GNOME under GNOME Boxes?

cause the performance is pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
      It’s backported to 3.34 as well.
      Wow according to their release schedule this year there will be releases all the way up to GNOME 3.34.5 in march. So I'm guessing a lot of things will be backported, next release is 3.34.2 at the end of this month

Comment

144Hz Thank you for posting these MRs. I personally (and I'm sure many others) find them really interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
          kmare The most interesting MRs are not even in yet. Callbacks just go reduced but they also got MRs for reducing paint areas and relayouts. This work could land before 3.35.2.
          Could you please link to these MRs?

Comment

Working...
          X