Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chrome 78 Arrives With Dark Mode Enhancements, Native File System API, SMS Receiver API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wayland when? :P

Comment

That's why competition is good and why Firefox is my default browser. But since Firefox is also paid by google and IIRC Firefox removed blocking capabilities in the past - Firefox sucks too.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
        But that is only part of the equation of a truly dark mode desktop. In the office front things are not looking good. LibreOffice doesn't work good with dark themes (last time I tried) and most importantly, it doesn't convert documents to dark colors. Also, if you open a typical PDF at night on a dark room, you may fell off the chair because of the brightness. While I have a monitor with physical buttons to switch presets, the darkest setting isn't enough to save my eyes from the shock.
        I have similar issues with my laptop backlight control not going low enough for me to use it in a dark room. "xrandr --output eDP-1 --brightness 0.5" gets me the rest of the way though.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
          That's why competition is good and why Firefox is my default browser. But since Firefox is also paid by google and IIRC Firefox removed blocking capabilities in the past - Firefox sucks too.
          Afaik Google paid and/or still pays to be the default search provider, it's not a "donation" to cover a shady deal.
          Also Firefox didn't remove blocking capabilities with Quantum.

There are good reasons to say Firefox sucks, but the ones you cited aren't the right ones.

Comment

unapproved post for cl333r

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              Also Firefox didn't remove blocking capabilities with Quantum.
              It did a few years ago, I don't remember exactly what that was, basically dropping a more powerful API.

Comment

Working...
              X