No announcement yet.

Firefox 70 Released With JavaScript Baseline Interpreter, Other Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still, by far, my favourite browser (followed by Dillo... not even kidding :P ).

Comment

Originally posted by dlq84 View Post

The spec isn't even final yet
      But the firefox that supports it ahs been anounced ( as well as Chrome).

I tried latest verison of bothj on the test page:

And it still reports access through TCP4 rather than UDP.

I'd like to have good client tool for testing...

Comment

Originally posted by treba View Post
        There also have been a ton of Wayland improvements. On Fedora 31 it's even enabled by default (although only for the Gnome Shell), so I see good chances to get flipped on for everyone by 72-73. If then Webrender finally rides the trains (it's on nightly already for a while) we should be be in good shape, eventually. Note that there's experimental DMABUF support in the Wayland backend. Together with Webrender it brings hardware video acceleration into stone throwing distance.
        Will DMABUF help at all with Wayland performance/responsiveness?

Looking forward to other Wayland improvements though, Firefox imho is the best browser for Wayland desktops right now. I've already tried the Chromium Wayland ports and it's very far behind.

Also looking forward to the official Flatpak packages now that the blocker for those is gone.

Comment

Speaking about wayland, mpv just landed major wayland improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
            Will DMABUF help at all with Wayland performance/responsiveness?
            I think that's the intention, since it allows direct rendering to GPUs and sharing the HW buffer across processes. Basically you're avoiding a lot of memory copy processes, freeing up ressources.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
              Next Tuesday at 7:34 AM GMT
              At least my notorious complaining isn't drug induced, not so sure about your notorious spam posts tbqh.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
                At least my notorious complaining isn't drug induced, not so sure about your notorious spam posts tbqh.
                Sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
                  When will the Wayland implementation sync to native refresh rate instead of stuttery fixed 60fps?
                  Soon: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1542808

Comment

Too bad I cannot update it on Windows 7 too because of the forced upgrade crap they put in after version 62, which I don't like at all.
                    Also their greed for user's data with constant nagging about sync feature makes me not trust Mozilla anymore.
                    So, I don't know what to say, I'm wayting for an ungoogled-chromium of Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
                      Still, by far, my favourite browser (followed by Dillo... not even kidding :P ).
                      I used to like dillo for reading local html documentation, when it was simple, back in the day. I had htm and html file associations in my file manager pointing to dillo.

Comment

Working...
                      X