X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hibbelharry
    replied
    Originally posted by Britoid View Post
    Will DMABUF help at all with Wayland performance/responsiveness?
    I think that's the intention, since it allows direct rendering to GPUs and sharing the HW buffer across processes. Basically you're avoiding a lot of memory copy processes, freeing up ressources.

Leave a comment:

• pkunk
    replied
    Speaking about wayland, mpv just landed major wayland improvements.

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied
    Originally posted by treba View Post
    There also have been a ton of Wayland improvements. On Fedora 31 it's even enabled by default (although only for the Gnome Shell), so I see good chances to get flipped on for everyone by 72-73. If then Webrender finally rides the trains (it's on nightly already for a while) we should be be in good shape, eventually. Note that there's experimental DMABUF support in the Wayland backend. Together with Webrender it brings hardware video acceleration into stone throwing distance.
    Will DMABUF help at all with Wayland performance/responsiveness?

Looking forward to other Wayland improvements though, Firefox imho is the best browser for Wayland desktops right now. I've already tried the Chromium Wayland ports and it's very far behind.

Also looking forward to the official Flatpak packages now that the blocker for those is gone.

Leave a comment:

• Brane215
    replied
    Originally posted by dlq84 View Post

The spec isn't even final yet
    But the firefox that supports it ahs been anounced ( as well as Chrome).

I tried latest verison of bothj on the test page:

And it still reports access through TCP4 rather than UDP.

I'd like to have good client tool for testing...

Leave a comment:

• cybertraveler
    replied
    Still, by far, my favourite browser (followed by Dillo... not even kidding :P ).

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    This releases assists with password generations if you right-click on a password field or if it has the attribute autocomplete="new-password". Very nice! 👍

Leave a comment:

• dlq84
    replied
    Originally posted by Brane215 View Post
    Still no listed HTTP/3 QUIC supprt listed ?
    When is that supposed to come out ?
    The spec isn't even final yet

Leave a comment:

• Veto
    replied
    Originally posted by treba View Post
    ... so I see good chances to get .... If then ... finally ... eventually ... experimental support ... it brings hardware video acceleration into stone throwing distance.
    Whoa! Yeah, any day now

... It is not even funny how far behind the browser video viewing experience currently is on Linux. It is grotesque that it was actually better in the old, horrid Flash days, as the Flash plugin at least had support for HW acceleration

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Already running it thanks to this script.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
    When will the Wayland implementation sync to native refresh rate instead of stuttery fixed 60fps?
    Next Tuesday at 7:34 AM GMT

Leave a comment:

Working...
X