Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vistaus
    replied
    They could make them optional. Celluloid and Polo File Manager, for example, let you choose between CSD or traditional title bar + menu. It Xfce would offer the same, I think everyone would be happy.

Leave a comment:

• Awesomeness
    replied
    Originally posted by flower View Post
    please say no to CSD
    Too late, they already said yes.

Time to use something sane like LXQt or Plasma then.

Leave a comment:

• flower
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Now with GTK2 being ditched, has Xfce done any progress on the Wayland front?
    afaik they still need a wayland compatible wm.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Now with GTK2 being ditched, has Xfce done any progress on the Wayland front?

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by flower View Post
    please say no to CSD
    thats one of the reasons why i just cant use gnome (other reason is taskbar icons - i just need some and i hate it that they brake so easily)

20 years of just say no gave us legal weed

Just sayin that those who know how to program need to be a little more proactive than saying no

Flood them with SSD pull requests or fork Gnome/GTK3/4 to make usable SSD versions and promote those

Call it Crane and CTK. Cranes are the enemy of Garden Gnomes

Leave a comment:

• Candy
    replied
    FYI xfce4-panel-4.15.0 got released

What I like to ask is this:

xfce4-notifyd has a different behaviour with "switching tabs" than e.g. other xfce4 applications. The site from Simon talks about "consolidating" the views of programs. And therefore I'd like to know if notifyd will adopt the "tabs" or "notebook" widget from other xfce4 applications or will all other xfce4 applications switch to notifyd like "tabs" (notebook) widgets for switching sections inside the window ?

Leave a comment:

• flower
    replied
    please say no to CSD
    thats one of the reasons why i just cant use gnome (other reason is taskbar icons - i just need some and i hate it that they brake so easily)

Leave a comment:

• Xfce 4.16 To Drop GTK2 Support, Explore Some Client-Side Decorations

Phoronix: Xfce 4.16 To Drop GTK2 Support, Explore Some Client-Side Decorations

Prominent Xfce developer Simon Steinbeiß has shared more of the group's plans for the planned 2020 release of Xfce 4.16...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X