Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.34.1 Released With Latest Fixes

Phoronix: GNOME 3.34.1 Released With Latest Fixes

GNOME 3.34.1 is out as the first point release to last month's big GNOME 3.34 desktop debut...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I am not sure I like these adjustments of GNOME applications for small form factor devices, because I feel it decreased the usability of GNOME Tweaks on the desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      I am not sure I like these adjustments of GNOME applications for small form factor devices, because I feel it decreased the usability of GNOME Tweaks on the desktop.
      In what way do you feel it decreased the usability of Tweaks?

Comment

Oh, Debian got a part of 3.34 a week ago, unfortunately it missed gnome-session keeping the login manager from booting.

They really could use some automated upgrade tests, to see if it's possible to reach the desktop.
        ​​​​

Comment

Now if only they could get copy pasting to work between VM's:

Comment

Originally posted by SpyroRyder View Post

In what way do you feel it decreased the usability of Tweaks?
            When the GNOME Tweaks window is small it collapses the sidebar, this makes navigation much more cumbersome as you have to press the back button in the toolbar to bring you back to the section selector screen, then click the section to take you that section. It is twice amount of clicks, and also makes browsing and getting a glimpse or overview of things much more difficult.
            The workaround is to either run GNOME Tweaks as a maximized window, or resize the window until its big enough to trigger the responsive breakpoint that switches it from mobile to desktop mode.

Comment

When the GNOME Tweaks window is small it collapses the sidebar, this makes navigation much more cumbersome as you have to press the back button in the toolbar to bring you back to the section selector screen, then click the section to take you that section. It is twice amount of clicks, and also makes browsing and getting a glimpse or overview of things much more difficult.
              The workaround is to either run GNOME Tweaks as a maximized window, or resize the window until its big enough to trigger the responsive breakpoint that switches it from mobile to desktop mode.
              So don't make it small?

It's not like you use GNOME Tweaks a lot anyway, I don't even bother to install it anymore.

Comment

When the GNOME Tweaks window is small it collapses the sidebar
                On 3.32 I can't even make it small; something like 900x650 is the smallest I can go. Can you check whether this is the point where the smaller responsive design kicks in?

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

So don't make it small?

It's not like you use GNOME Tweaks a lot anyway, I don't even bother to install it anymore.
                  But I don't need it to be maximized. I also don't need it to be any larger than what it is when it switches mode to where it collapses the side bar.
                  Also, this is not only for GNOME Tweaks, this is also for GNOME Web (Epiphany), and I fear it might be coming to other applications soon too.
                  I don't think that Epiphany gets as negatively impacted as GNOME Tweaks though.

Originally posted by Black_Fox View Post

On 3.32 I can't even make it small; something like 900x650 is the smallest I can go. Can you check whether this is the point where the smaller responsive design kicks in?
                  I can resize it down to 750x654 pixels.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
                    In fact, uid313 doesn't use it at all as he keeps saying he likes distro defaults and he doesn't like to change settings.

Comment

Working...
                    X